Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: the most odd gun you own

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    my best wierd gun is a limited run conversion of deact AKM into Brocock air cart rifle.
    Mine was the only one made in .22 from approx 10 or so done.must make it a bit rare as you definitely cant buy them now

.....or the conversion of a 1942 no4mk1 lee enfield by S&P who did about 200 but there will be very few of those left now..shame
    Gun control means using both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    my best wierd gun is a limited run conversion of deact AKM into Brocock air cart rifle.
    Mine was the only one made in .22 from approx 10 or so done.must make it a bit rare as you definitely cant buy them now

.....or the conversion of a 1942 no4mk1 lee enfield by S&P who did about 200 but there will be very few of those left now..shame
    agree when htey were available I didnt have the cash, sods law. thanks for inputt

Olympic 11

CO2 bulk fill semi auto. 80 shot removable mag,uses gamo ball in it's rifled barrel. Dates from the 60 - 70s

They were used as fairground guns and have two sets of counters, one of which needs a special key to reset it,so that the stall owner knew how many shots had been fired and therefore how much money he should have.

Not many about that are as good as this,so I doubt it ever made it to a fairground.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Olympic 11

CO2 bulk fill semi auto. 80 shot removable mag,uses gamo ball in it's rifled barrel. Dates from the 60 - 70s

They were used as fairground guns and have two sets of counters, one of which needs a special key to reset it,so that the stall owner knew how many shots had been fired and therefore how much money he should have.

Not many about that are as good as this,so I doubt it ever made it to a fairground.

like that

Thumbs down

I was offered one of those earlier this year at the bootsale, I tried telling the bloke that they were illegal to sell and that if he didn't apply for an FAC at the time when these guns were banned then he can't even own it himself!!!

He wouldn't have it!! He said that because he bought it before they banned them that he was 'Allowed to keep it'!!

It was like talking to a wall...

A wall that knew everything and then some more besides

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I was offered one of those earlier this year at the bootsale, I tried telling the bloke that they were illegal to sell and that if he didn't apply for an FAC at the time when these guns were banned then he can't even own it himself!!!

He wouldn't have it!! He said that because he bought it before they banned them that he was 'Allowed to keep it'!!

John
    lot of them out there like that Jon, these days I just cant be bothered , they dont want to listen, thats there problem, you give good advice, he chose not to take it, when police catch up he has only himself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Looks like a MG34 with a drum Magazine is it actually an airgun
    Yes, Yes.... and No - You win a schnitzel !

The MG34 detatches, leaving the Nurnberg mount in place, along with a thing called a "U supporter" to which can be mounted an airgun or a lamp, - or both.
    I used to use this on one of my permissions with a crew of 3 ( Driver, Gunner, Loader/fetcher/pusher on the back) With it's low revving Hi torque motor, Locking diff, reverse and 2 wheel drive It was the ideal mobile bunny hide

The first rifle to be mounted was the AirArms Firepower, backed up by the driver and loaders Stutzens..... happy days......
    Musketeer, Tin-Horseman and Axeman extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Yes, Yes.... and No - You win a schnitzel !

The MG34 detatches, leaving the Nurnberg mount in place, along with a thing called a "U supporter" to which can be mounted an airgun or a lamp, - or both.
    I used to use this on one of my permissions with a crew of 3 ( Driver, Gunner, Loader/fetcher/pusher on the back) With it's low revving Hi torque motor, Locking diff, reverse and 2 wheel drive It was the ideal mobile bunny hide

The first rifle to be mounted was the AirArms Firepower, backed up by the driver and loaders Stutzens..... happy days......
    Many years ago we used to use my sis bouyfriends old Coertinha 1600E on the mountain road and kreep doewn the rides on my uncles place with a mobile lamping use the lights of the car and a Franchi gas opoerated 12 bore. But that pic of yours loks the bizz, thanks for posting.

Olympic 11

Does it run of an air horse remeber thre was a similar thing at Porthcawl/ maybe Barry Island
    in the 60,s to 80,s may have even been a Mc Glashan has it looked like a Thompsan sub machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Does it run of an air horse remeber thre was a similar thing at Porthcawl/ maybe Barry Island
    in the 60,s to 80,s may have even been a Mc Glashan has it looked like a Thompsan sub machine gun.
    Originally it would have been off a CO2 hose. Mine has been fitted with a bulk fill adapter. So it can be filled and then shot wherever I choose.

Originally it would have been off a CO2 hose. Mine has been fitted with a bulk fill adapter. So it can be filled and then shot wherever I choose.
    sounds good

Here is an unusual one!

The Ampell BB Magnum BB repeater from 1970. A spring/piston mechanism and anything but a "magnum"!!

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

John
    Yep people like that take the biscuit
    Still if he shows it off for long enough he'll get nicked and statutory 5 or is it 10 years....
    Gun control means using both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post

The Ampell BB Magnum BB repeater from 1970. A spring/piston mechanism and anything but a "magnum"!!
    like that but do have a spot spot for the Winchester/Marlin leaver actions

Yep people like that take the biscuit
    Still if he shows it off for long enough he'll get nicked and statutory 5 or is it 10 years....
    people like that allways get my back up , like the guy recently who argueded you could change the parts in a Normay Vixen with a modern HW35, well you cant I own a Vixen and a few modern HW, s and have had them apart to compare, but then this "expert" had read it and "knew " it was true, so I just gave up, these days I cant be botherd