Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the most odd gun you own

Not very odd this one but also a home made precharge, the air cylinder made from a Kawasaki motorcycle fork leg hydraulic tube.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Not mine sorry to say but owned by a long time friend of the late Gerald Cardew who also has many of his other oddities and much of Cardews archive of material. Based on a Hawk with experimental gas ram and piston anti-bounce device. Looks like it might have to be shot by remote:

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Not very odd this one but also a home made precharge, the air cylinder made from a Kawasaki motorcycle fork leg hydraulic tube.

Baz

now that is special

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Not mine sorry to say but owned by a long time friend of the late Gerald Cardew who also has many of his other oddities and much of Cardews archive of material. Based on a Hawk with experimental gas ram and piston anti-bounce device. Looks like it might have to be shot by remote:

i allways admird the man, a real genius,.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post

I have one of Gerald Cardews' C.A.R.D. Pellet Spy chronoscopes that I daren't use as I have a bad history with Chrono's (hence the bit of text under my username )

It's a lovely bit of kit and came with the conversion sheets for the readout and pellet weights!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

It is supposed to use a single PP7 or pp9 9v battery but I couldn't get them so I made a lead up to take two PP3 in parallel..

As soon as I made the lead up I sources two PP9 batteries brand new for next to nown at the bootsale!!

Getting back to the original theme, I think the ASI Statical is a little strange as it slides in the stock when you pick it up!!

I acquired a Crosman A.I.R.17 a while ago, that seems almost like a toy as there's so little weight to the thing!!!

Also, The Anschutz mod275 with it's 4.4mm lead ball requirements and six shot mag with the 'Schmeisser' desigened bolt cocking system is a bit out there!! I think you could still buy these new until very recently

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Yes Jon, we have all done it I have a Skan myself, ps trying to contact you but your inbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I acquired a Crosman A.I.R.17 a while ago, that seems almost like a toy as there's so little weight to the thing!!!

Cheers, John
    Bloody hell- I had one of those as a lad.....and shot the damn thing to pieces.....I must have put 50,000 Marksman pointeds and Copperhead BBs through the thing.

Happy days.

Now the wierdest thing I own is a Gamo Stutzen.....which isn't all that wierd, I think
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint.

Quote Originally Posted by demoncase View Post
    Bloody hell- I had one of those as a lad.....and shot the damn thing to pieces.....I must have put 50,000 Marksman pointeds and Copperhead BBs through the thing.

Happy days.

Now the wierdest thing I own is a Gamo Stutzen.....which isn't all that wierd, I think
    I like stutzens myself, have an Airsporter and a Diana 46 Stutzen, thanks for your inputt.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Yes Jon, we have all done it I have a Skan myself, ps trying to contact you but your inbox is full.
    Me too!...Not terminal, but clean shot through both wires of the skan...In my defence I was using it on top of a chest freezer at the club, and the power socket was lower down on the wall (proper pellet trap behind etc.) and I had not noticed the wires had slipped down, but still embarrassing

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    The Healthways Topscore 175 BB gun.

The spring & piston are in the grip, you cock it by pulling the barrel up & back. The approx 50 BB's are in the shroud around the barrel & one is loaded when the barrel is closed.
    It's not too pretty, made of lots of pot metal castings with little power & indifferent accuracy - but pefect for destroying the Airfix armada at the other end of the bedroom.

http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...emnum=12682157
    I had one of these at a time when I'd started to collect pistols, and surprisingly, this was the most fun to shoot out of all of them.

Webley twst grip pistol

Webley Twist grip pistol, after 1/2 dozen shots it gives you blisters from twisting the grip to cock it.
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Me too!...Not terminal, but clean shot through both wires of the skan...In my defence I was using it on top of a chest freezer at the club, and the power socket was lower down on the wall (proper pellet trap behind etc.) and I had not noticed the wires had slipped down, but still embarrassing

ATB, Ed

I am not alone on that one then, thanks for your inputt.

Quote Originally Posted by elanmac View Post
    Webley Twist grip pistol, after 1/2 dozen shots it gives you blisters from twisting the grip to cock it.
    Mac
    wow, never seen one of them before, that looks like a protype or something, how old is that glad I started this thread, some great inputt guys.

Quote Originally Posted by elanmac View Post
    Mac
    Wow! Now thats one Webley pistol I would love to own. (The only one)

One of the strangest Webley rifles I own is this - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=81 a Vulcan adjustable gas ram.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Wow! Now thats one Webley pistol I would love to own. (The only one)

One of the strangest Webley rifles I own is this - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=81 a Vulcan adjustable gas ram.
    is that the one you got from the Webley sell off