Thread: MIck Dawes Special

MIck Dawes Special

Gentlemen, I have a bought a PCP that I am told is a Mick Dawes Special number 10 - I have not seen one for maybe twenty five years - so very foggy on what it looked like - they were not exactly many on the FT circuit then either - this one has no name on it, it has a 28mm tube, very slim breech, but nothing that says Mick Dawes on it - I have searched here and Google, but there does not seem to be any pictures of one - does anyone have any pictures I can compare it to, to make sure this is what I am told it is? Thanks in advance for any help you give me!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Contact "Redair" on here, he may have some pics...

My mate James dean had a mick Dawes and I used to know mick though JD, but that was at least 25years ago, if you can post a pic I might recognise it as a MD

I have now taken it apart to re-seal it, will take some pictures in a few days, got to match the seals up! thanks!

Post some pics of the rifle, i will tell you if its one of Micks rifles or not, i have probably serviced and reblued most of the rifles mick made over the years.
    Shaun

Was it worth the trouble, Ah, what trouble

Wish I knew how to post a picture, but redair sent me some pics and I know I have number ten now - sent him a picture, just have no clue how to post a picture, sorry.

If...

...it was Brocock made it would have MDS engraved on the block (or at least it should have)
    Pardon?

Sorry been away to the US Field target Nationals - it is definately a MIck Dawes Special, serial number 10, but the scope rail is tiny, neither Sportmatch or BKL fit it, any suggestions?