Thread: Brand New Ex-Webley Museum .177 Omega Valuation Please!

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)

Brand New Ex-Webley Museum .177 Omega Valuation Please!

As per the thread title, I have here a brand new ex-Webley Museum .177 Omega, boxed up with various goodies which I intend to sell. Before I do so, I'd be most grateful for some guidance as to what price I should put on it...

Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Gareth W-B is the man to ask about these beauties

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Ooo-er, what a beautiful thing.

I'm sure that will be very well sought after.

Following the demise of the famous and lovely Mark III, many Webley products were regarded as more flimsily built rifles, with potentially wobbly breeches and average triggers.

The Omega represented the factory's fight back against the likes of the HW80, FWB Sport and Original 45. Breech bolt and two stage trigger.

I'd have a guess at a minimum of £350? Maybe substantially more, to the right person, with that provenance?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I saw this rifle when I visited Paddy on Saturday and can confirm it is indeed in excellent condition.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

There was on one of the sales forums an Omega in excellent condition for £200; not sure it sold. However, completely mint in box then a tad over £300. £360 swop value. Top mint 80's rifles have crept up from £250 to £300 plus in the last few years. Used sit nearer £200 or less depending on the extras like mounts and scope. There are some Omegas about, and the Museum ones at auction sold probably more than they should when commission is added.. thats auctions for you.

Annoyingly I'm looking for this exact one, but need to shift a factory mint, unfired, BSA Centenary .177, and a NV device before I can play.

Thanks, Gentlemen - you have been a great help!

Muskett - I'd love to have the BSA Centenary (I have one in .22), but suspect it'd be out of my price range unless I could add another rifle in as a swap!

Paddy, it will go up for the full whack as I'm meant to be raising funds not spending. So that will be £850. I don't want it to go. It was that or a later Airsporter S, .177 (unfired, no box, 9.9); I could do a swop for that as I'm in two minds. Only keeping it as I have the Original 45, FWB Sport, HW35E, and .22 Omega; which were The sporting rifles of my youth... I prefer .177.

The only other rifle I can't resist at present are Park rifles and in truth looking for a walnut thumbhole .177.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Paddy, it will go up for the full whack as I'm meant to be raising funds not spending. So that will be £850. I don't want it to go. It was that or a later Airsporter S, .177 (unfired, no box, 9.9); I could do a swop for that as I'm in two minds. Only keeping it as I have the Original 45, FWB Sport, HW35E, and .22 Omega; which were The sporting rifles of my youth... I prefer .177.

The only other rifle I can't resist at present are Park rifles and in truth looking for a walnut thumbhole .177.
    Thanks - sadly, that's out of my league and I don't have a Park... I do have a one-off Ripley though (called 'Special Hunter), if that might interest you!

Nice

Hi Patrick

I bet this would fetch £350 in an auction....

Paddy, I'll see how my sales go.
    Ripley too exotic for me.