Thread: Diana 26 Youth

Diana 26 Youth

Think this is a Diana 26 Youth, but experts can verify please. In very nice condition. I usually clean surface rust off with light oil and fine steel wool so the blueing is not damaged. This time I use the wire wool and Pattex rust remover from Lidl's. Works very well. Any ideas on value ? Also can find no serial number anywhere, is that normal on these?

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I bought a similar rifle at Melbourne recently ( except it has a part octagonal barrel and is .22 rifled ). It has no markings apart from serial numbers. On the top of the barrel an area has been neatly (professionally?) stippled with a fine punch and a border engraved; I'm guessing this was an import in the 1920's when there was prejudice against German products following WW1. Sometimes they were left blank completely and importers, such as Milbro, stamped their own name and numbers on.

You could try looking at the Vintage Diana Forum, there's some info including old catalogues with details of different models.

Cheers
    torrens

With all the input I have had from Diana experts I have now come to the conclusion it is not a 26 youth but is a 27 L Circa 1910 to 1936, smoothbore .177.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD