Thread: Springer safety, its no joke, take a look

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Collieman is offline Has a Parsnip shaped like an amusing "Thingy"
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have a 97k and never let go of the lever. Truth be told, it scares me even then!

I've invented a new safe method of loading under levers. Instead of having a big lump of metal with huge amounts of force behind it ready to cut off your thumb, a simple mechanism between the comp tube and barrel could accept the pellet. I'm not sure whether dropping the pellet in and turning it in a kind of "tap" arrangement, or a flip-up section would be best, but either has to be better than an open breech.

As an aside, does anyone really trust an aftermarket extended latch rod? <shudder>
    Like a BSA Improved / Lincoln Jeffries. Cock the under lever, drop the pellet in a hole in the top of the breach, turn the lever and good to go.
    Nice and safe

Surely if you always hold the underleaver or break barrel when going through the loading process then whats the issue As always common sense rules

scary stuff. I have in the past though about using some kind of hardwood block in the breech when loading my much loved hw97 ?
    the thought of trigger and cocking arm failure at the wrong moment does make me shudder a little sometimes when loading it .......adrenalin isn,t good for shooting, right ?
    gat gun .25 cal