Thumbs up Is this not....

The most beautiful Webley mk3 ever???

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

The stock has a badge on the underside of the pistol grip that says D. Robinson of Halifax (Don Robinson), The chequering is beautifully crisp, the little rosewood cap is lovely too!!

The rifle has the Parker Hale PH16m aperture sight and a brazed on ramp and tunnel foresight though it still has the open rearsight..

It's also had the rattly cocking link shimmed and it's nice an tight, Also!! I'm fairly sure the trigger blade is non Webley...

Seril number is 36403, can anyone say when it was made? My mate thinks it's a 1959 gun, not sure of what series though

The rifle belongs to a mate, I wasn't jealous when I handled it- Green is my natural colour!!

PS, S orry about the pic quality, I had to use my phone

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Webley mk3 pics

Cheers for posting pictures of mk3 john
    Regards
    LES

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kamag View Post
    Cheers for posting pictures of mk3 john
    Regards
    LES
    Any time Les- your mk3 is gawjuss!!

John

I like that, I have a Don Robinson stock on my FWB127 and despite lots knocking the man I think he made some decent stuff. The stock on the mark 3 is lovley to my eyes. I used Don after being let down by a well known stock maker that a lot of you " worship", no I wont name him but lets say none of his stocks sit or will ever sit on any rifle of mine. I allso have a stock by the talanted Luckasz Parsley, Gary Cane and GINB.

Very nice

...but the best Mk3 I ever seen was in Sportarm of Dorchester, in the early 90s...It was a late supertarget model in exceptional original condition, and it had the most beautiful factory fitted, dark yet richly figured, tiger strip walnut stock fitted...I drooled over it but it was already sold, and it wasn't cheap either!...
    blah blah

Fwb sport

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    I like that, I have a Don Robinson stock on my FWB127 and despite lots knocking the man I think he made some decent stuff. The stock on the mark 3 is lovley to my eyes. I used Don after being let down by a well known stock maker that a lot of you " worship", no I wont name him but lets say none of his stocks sit or will ever sit on any rifle of mine. I allso have a stock by the talanted Luckasz Parsley, Gary Cane and GINB.
    Hi fattmann
    I too have recently bought a fwb 124 of a mate I sold it to about 28years ago.
    It's only been used several times and although it was dead ,it. Was. Unmarked
    (Piston seal ) came back in original box with all the paperwork
    Regards
    LES

Very nice.
    I recently bought a vgc 60s MK 3 from its original owner.
    He had fitted a rubber butt pad which I was a bit unsure of.
    But it makes it a better length and a softer shoot so its staying.

There is also a good late model in our local RFD with a chequered stock which I don't think is a factory fit.
    I should buy it really as it is £50 less than a Umarex pistol!

Gorgeous! Thrale's book reckons Late Series 4. Stopped numbering stocks around 1959
    serial No. 32000. Series ends around high 39000's. Factory scope rail intro. 1961.
    So best guess for now 1960.

Mk 3

I dont like the stock I love the shape ans style Mk 3 and own a nice one myself but like the earlier HW35 its the style that makes them desirable (to me at least ) and if that were mine I would bin the stock and put a standard one on it .
    And using the car analogy Its like a Ferrari with halfords side skirts and spoiler fitted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I dont like the stock I love the shape ans style Mk 3 and own a nice one myself but like the earlier HW35 its the style that makes them desirable (to me at least ) and if that were mine I would bin the stock and put a standard one on it .
    And using the car analogy Its like a Ferrari with halfords side skirts and spoiler fitted
    Hey up Mally!!

Not heard much from you recently mate!! Hope you and the big lad are OK

This is Les's Feinwerkbau 124- It looks like it left the factory yesterday

Pic 1

Pic 2

EDIT- Wish i'd taken my camera as my phone doesn't take very good pics

Cheers, John

Hi mate
    Now the sport that's a gun I never tire of seeing pictures of

I have a post code for the bin he should use

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    I have a post code for the bin he should use
    ouch

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Aye up Mally, the Big Fella said you were an awkward sod some times, how's it going mate, is the Big Fella organising a Poppy Shoot this year or what?

Regards

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Aye up Mally, the Big Fella said you were an awkward sod some times, how's it going mate, is the Big Fella organising a Poppy Shoot this year or what?

Regards

Mel
    Awkward Me
    As far as what gazzer Is up to ? not spoken to him for a coupla months
    He still sends me the crap jokes all the time though