Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxed Early Weihrauch HW 80 Valuation

Boxed Early Weihrauch HW 80 Valuation

Hi. I have a boxed HW80, complete with sales leaflet and original test target for this rifle. The rifle is absolutely mint and only had a handful of pellets through it from new. Serial number 911003. Must be rare, but no idea of value?
    I was going to give it to my son aged 13, as he has shown interest in air rifle shooting at a local range. Unfortunately it's too large and heavy for him(and too collectible), so thinking about selling it to fund a HW99s which he'll be able to handle.

Serail number dates it as early 1980s.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Mine is 926011 which Mr HW dates as being delivered in 1983.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Mine is 926011 which Mr HW dates as being delivered in 1983.
    So, early 1980s.

I recently paid £125 for a very tidy, left hand Mk1 in .177 but it was far from mint condition.

£300?

I also know what you mean about being too heavy and bulky.

HTH
    Ian

I would put its value as practically the same as a new HW80 whatever that is.

It's not new but then it's near impossible to source one like yours, never actually saw one on here because most 80s were bought to be used.

Sort of, you may be more likely to find an ultra low mileage Ferrari from the period, than a Ford, despite the greater numbers produced of the latter.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Appreciate the replies. The rifle is as new, but I guess it's only worth what someone is willing to pay! although I understand it's value against a new HW80 due to the rarity.

In the region of £280.00 may be £300.00 if some one will pay that.I would feel happy at £250..if it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharman View Post
    Hi. I have a boxed HW80, complete with sales leaflet and original test target for this rifle. The rifle is absolutely mint and only had a handful of pellets through it from new. Serial number 911003. Must be rare, but no idea of value?
    I was going to give it to my son aged 13, as he has shown interest in air rifle shooting at a local range. Unfortunately it's too large and heavy for him(and too collectible), so thinking about selling it to fund a HW99s which he'll be able to handle.
    Buy a Hw99, walther Terrus or Diana 280 for your son now and save the Hw80 for when he old enough to handle it.

The Hw80's are not made like they used to be, a Mk1 is a keeper.
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Buy a Hw99, walther Terrus or Diana 280 for your son now and save the Hw80 for when he old enough to handle it.

The Hw80's are not made like they used to be, a Mk1 is a keeper.
    Agre mine is an early one a Custum by the Airgun Centre,11.7 with accupels made for my 18th. I will be 50 next year, you do the maths, its still awesome.

Hw80

If its .22 I seriously suggest you put it over a chrono. About £250 to £300.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    If its .22 I seriously suggest you put it over a chrono. About £250 to £300.
    Good point. The number of HW80s, usually .22,that come to the club that are 'hot'.

ATB
    Ian

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm honestly not keen on selling it as I know I'll never be able to replace it. But equally its a shame it's only going to gather dust, when it could fund a rifle that the family could use!
    Incidentally my HW80 is .22. I agree that it's got to be worth at least £300.

Hang on to it, its only going to increse has to value.

A picture would help if only to show the colour of the woodwork. The more interesting the woodwork the better and will aways add value. Does it have a safety?? A mint very early HW80 with angular front wood would equal a new 80 if not a tad more. Standard later stocks then no. The premium is on the "mint" and the early interesting stock. A used second hand one goes with condition and has to compete with all the other second hand guns. Great rifle but heavy and plenty out there... but not the MKI's.

I though all '80s had safety catches. and usually quite bland, varnished stocks.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=44

ATB
    Ian