Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxed Early Weihrauch HW 80 Valuation

Hw80

All 80's had a safety, the MK1 stock has a glossier, reddish varnish imho which sets off the grain a bit better than the later HW's

As for power most .22 Mk1's I chronoed back in the early 80's made 14-15ftlbs, before HW/Hull started putting a weaker spring in the .22's. If you look at the parts diagram in the early instruction booklet it makes mention to two different Joule springs.

I was lucky to find a early HW80 cylinder with just a two hole arrestor block,needed to find everything else for it,the stock is a fine example of a mk2 ,having no serial numbers to go by so unable to say if it was .22 or as it is now in .177 with a brand new screwcut barrel fitted ,asked for a valuation at my local RFD £325+ was the reply.I let my granddaaughter use it as she is careful with it so I would say, let the lad use it supervised by yourself its value can only improve ,mine is a keeper all day long
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I though all '80s had safety catches. and usually quite bland, varnished stocks.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=44

ATB
    Ian
    Hi Ian, this is 936135;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...n/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...n/photostream/

As far as I can see the woodwork has never been touched, this photo was taken shortly after application of guitar body oil, but is a good representation of the colour and grain (or whatever it is in beech).

Has correct period open sights and HW diopter on it now, and is a real tack driver in .177...I had it up for £220 or offers at the fayre (the diopter has the original rubber eyepiece, so I thought this was a fair price for the combo when you consider what the sight alone is worth).

Anyway, no interest but several comments of "I can't believe that is still there!".

Glad it didn't sell now as after an extended session back at home I realise it really is a keeper (for now!)

ATB, Ed

ATB, Ed

Thats a nice one, allways thought the series1 stock looked so much better, love my Airgun Centre Custum 80. in .22.

Thats one of the nicer Mk1 80s Ive seen.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk