Thread: Webley Alecto grease discharge

Webley Alecto grease discharge

I've only put a couple of hundred shots through my new Alecto, but I've found the initial tight groups suddenly opened up, and seemed to be getting gradually getting worse.

Having run a couple of felts through it I've discovered it is firing out a grease along with air, the initial felts showed the yellow grease rather than the usual lead staining also when fired at a blank piece of paper a light spray is evident.

I'm assuming this will clean itself out after a few tins of pellets but is there any way of speeding up the process and has anyone else had the same problem?

thanks

Ed

Assuming the guns otherwise in normal working order, I guess its going to clear itself of excess lube the more you fire. I never noticed any yellow stuff from mine when I had one. Any lube, factory or user added, will pass through the air path from piston to muzzle in time. If I over lube any of my ssp's I do see a spray exit the muzzle from time to time. Hope all goes well. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.