Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My little review on the hammerli ar20ft

My little review on the hammerli ar20ft

Hello, there isn't many reviews on this rifle so I thought il make a little one, I done a deal with a friend and I ended up with a hammerli ar20ft that I have wanted for a while, sat down with it before I done the deal and I was very impressed with the accuracy of the gun, I have since tuned the internals by polishing certain parts and removing all the burs from moving parts. I put it over a chrono and very very consistent and nice and easy to take apart. As it's regulated you get a pretty good shot count 170 shots per fill from 300 bar

down side is the plastic grip and hamster in which I will find someone to make me some wooden ones and the matt finish on the aluminium stock gets dirty to easy so that will be sprayed when I have time.

That's pretty much it and very happy with seems to be a cheap but very consistent accurate rifle
    Last edited by Hawkeye20; 30-08-2014 at 02:52 PM.

I'm very impressed with mine too. The first one I tried, when they were launched, was not all that nice to handle, But this one has had a few alterations done.

A couple of weeks ago I tried some long range bench resting with it and managed to get four pellets to string into one traffic light hole at 80 yards. The EV2 that this rifle replaced never gave me this standard of accuracy.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm very impressed with mine too. The first one I tried, when they were launched, was not all that nice to handle, But this one has had a few alterations done.

A couple of weeks ago I tried some long range bench resting with it and managed to get four pellets to string into one traffic light hole at 80 yards. The EV2 that this rifle replaced never gave me this standard of accuracy.
    Glad I'm not the only on that has one and think they are very good

If you ever have any questions about tuning the ar20ft then give me a shout

Well happy with mine as well. Managed to pick up one 4 months old for a song.

Only mods done to mine are cosmetic really....
    Had the shroud milled away but NOT for any POI shift issues but so I could fit the UK Neil air stripper I found on a certain auction site.
    After the milling was done then a simple carbon wrap on the barrel for protection.
    Next is a 3D printed adjustable butt pad , again from the same auction site.
    Butt hook made for it as well.

As to accuracy, a fellow club member picked it up and shot a three shot cloverleaf group at 55 yds , to say he was impressed is an understatement.

Cheers,
    Scubaman.

I want laminate grip, hamster and cheek piece but can't find anyone that would make some

Went out with my ar20ft and put the silencer on and zeroed in and still amazed how unbelievably accurate it is, can't wait for Hft round tomorrow and see how I get on with it then

For the laminate stuff you could try some of the 'independent' stock makers on the forums. Wouldn't mind a set myself in fact.

Cheers.
    Scubaman

Well done a round of Hft today and shot ok but could to better, I found I had some parallax error but got home and had a little fiddle with the cheek piece and put the scope forward a little, think I have sorted it out but will go out and shoot some targets and see if I have or not

Smashing bit of kit. Got mine second hand a couple of weeks ago while my ultimate sporter was back at Air Arms for warranty.

Someones worked on mine, super light trigger and the cocking mech has been smoothed and lubed.

Ive modded mine with brians hook -://competitionshooter.co.ukand a trigger and a scope wheel magnifier from Andras -://www.maestro-design.co.ukalong with bits from rowan engineering, and michael tawn - http://www.tawnadoairguns.com supplying a RAW hamster and some sports match adjustable mounts for the new scope, all who have been superb to deal with.

As far as the grips go, I've got a full laminate kit being made by warren edwards who is a real master. Ill put some pics up when i get them on.

Brilliant, accurate rifle that doesn't cost the earth.

My very good friend Will Geke aka Welsh Willi of Woodfeild GCp got one when they came out first, on its very first outing with it we both attended a shoot at Worcester and he came 2nd and we got to meet the legend that is Mr Jim Tyler- BTDT. The gun was/ is great value for money and Will can shoot it consistently well. For me its to big and hevey, but I have a damadged hand and arm and only 40 % use of it. Will is a big bloke and its like a toy in his hands, hes modified his to take a silencer and it is trully silent. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by pruddasfinest View Post
    Smashing bit of kit. Got mine second hand a couple of weeks ago while my ultimate sporter was back at Air Arms for warranty.

Someones worked on mine, super light trigger and the cocking mech has been smoothed and lubed.

Ive modded mine with brians hook -://competitionshooter.co.ukand a trigger and a scope wheel magnifier from Andras -://www.maestro-design.co.ukalong with bits from rowan engineering, and michael tawn - http://www.tawnadoairguns.com supplying a RAW hamster and some sports match adjustable mounts for the new scope, all who have been superb to deal with.

As far as the grips go, I've got a full laminate kit being made by warren edwards who is a real master. Ill put some pics up when i get them on.

Brilliant, accurate rifle that doesn't cost the earth.
    I have chopped the shroud so it's level with the cylinder, tuned it and what not, can't falt it, how much is the laminate kit costing?

£240 inc p&p. it's in red/black laminate and is shweeeet! It's a grip, cheek piece and hamster.
    I got an ali cylinder from Germany too. Carbon wrapped the old one as it was so badly scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by scubaman View Post
    Well happy with mine as well. Managed to pick up one 4 months old for a song.

Only mods done to mine are cosmetic really....
    Had the shroud milled away but NOT for any POI shift issues but so I could fit the UK Neil air stripper I found on a certain auction site.
    After the milling was done then a simple carbon wrap on the barrel for protection.
    Next is a 3D printed adjustable butt pad , again from the same auction site.
    Butt hook made for it as well.

As to accuracy, a fellow club member picked it up and shot a three shot cloverleaf group at 55 yds , to say he was impressed is an understatement.

Cheers,
    Scubaman.
    Have you got any pictures of yours as I was thinking of removing the shroud and getting the barrel threaded

Just fitted the wood from Warren Edwards.
    Photos really dont do these justice.
    The grip needed a bit of modding to make it fit, no big deal, easy to do. The guns not finished yet and will look a lot smarter when its done but the wood is a big step in the right direction.

Got the wood from Warren yesterday. The grip took a bit of work at the back to fit but nothing major and wasn't too hard.