Thread: Mounts for a mk11 Airsporter

Mounts for a mk11 Airsporter

Can anybody advise me if there are mounts available to fit the rails on a mk11 Airsporter? I have a 25mm tube scope that will clear the loading tap but modern mounts are too narrow. Rather than a continuous rail it has 2 seperate 1" rails so the mounts can't be too wide either.
    Another possibility would be some kind of adapter the fits on the rails with the standard modern rail on top.
    Thanks in advance.
    Gary.

That's just what's needed. Thank you.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Protec Supplies on the south coast do em', really helpful lads and quick on the delivery side too.
    Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Last edited by Chippendale; 30-08-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling

The problem you will find with Knibbs's blocks and Protek's mounts is that you will not be able to move a scope back far enough to get proper eye relief!

Protek recommend a long eye relief pistol scope for their mounts and Knibbs blocks even with reach back mounts don't allow a scope to be positioned correctly.

I know ,I have tried them!

ATB.

These folks are worth a try.

http://www.sportsmatch-uk.com

All the best Mick

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    A lair of Parker Hale RALS3 1" rings is what you need. They would at least be in keeping with the age of the rifle. What you then need is an older Weaver K3 or K4 scope. When you get the PH rings you may find that one of them has an arrestor stud sticking out the bottom of it. 5 minutes with a Dremmel will soon sort that out though.
    Both the above items are regularly available on e-pay, but for the scope you may have to trawl the American version of the site.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    A lair of Parker Hale RALS3 1" rings is what you need. They would at least be in keeping with the age of the rifle. What you then need is an older Weaver K3 or K4 scope. When you get the PH rings you may find that one of them has an arrestor stud sticking out the bottom of it. 5 minutes with a Dremmel will soon sort that out though.
    Both the above items are regularly available on e-pay, but for the scope you may have to trawl the American version of the site.
    This sounds like a great solution to the problem I will buy both rings and scope and give it a try.

Thanks for the tip.

ATB.

Some 70's/80's Tasco's have quite long eye relief and work ok.

I have a Tasco TV view 4x32 on one of my Mk 2's and it works well, but luckily my Mk2 is a later one with full length grooves.Same issue with eye relief though so they do work.

I only know of the two options above for your gun,Protec and Knibbs as mentioned, and I am pretty sure Sportsmatch don't do anything other than a set back mount to fit full length rail.
    It makes a nice gun though with a scope on.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    and I am pretty sure Sportsmatch don't do anything other than a set back mount to fit full length rail.
    There is a two piece set of Sportsmatch mounts which are suitable for the old pattern MkII Airsporter and MkII Meteor bases. I can't remember the model designation now, but I have a pair of them fitted to a stalking rifle with PH scope bases. However, these wouldn't be in keeping with the age of the rifle.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Sportsmatch Mounts for Mk2 Airsporter.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    There is a two piece set of Sportsmatch mounts which are suitable for the old pattern MkII Airsporter and MkII Meteor bases. I can't remember the model designation now, but I have a pair of them fitted to a stalking rifle with PH scope bases. However, these wouldn't be in keeping with the age of the rifle.
    Hi Gary.

I have sent you a PM with details about the Sportsmatch Mounts for your Airsporter.

Regards.

Musicman.

The Sportsmarch rings are product code TO50.

Red face

I once bought an Airsporter mk1 that had a scope fitted

Pic 1

Pic 2

It had a woodscrew in both sides screwed in to the stock and two setscrews screwed in to to two tapped holes in the trigger block

The scope is actually a very nice and clear scope with ir and I reckon it was worth what I paid for the whole lot!!

BTW, The 'scope mout' has been since removed and a rearsight bought and fitted!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/