Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being stopped while moving between perms

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    Had the same sort of thing last year when i was out with the shotgun.....

2 "travellers" walked straight up to my crow decoys and picked 1 up saying "look at this - a plastic bird"!!!!

I moved from the hide i was in and racked the pump action shotgun.......

They didn't hang around after that!

Daz

Sounds dodgy mate
    I would definitely have a word with my local police officers if I were you and maybe take a buddy along the next few times you go to the perm.

We had a problem with some drunks shouting abuse and throwing bottles at some of the villagers while out jogging down the tracks and lanes
    Now all the women and most of the men jog in pairs
    Air Arms S410 Carbine -.177- Hawke Sidewinder 30 4.5-14x42
    Air Arms S400 -.177 - Hawke Sidewinder 30 10x42
    Daystate Airwolf CDT -.177- Richter 6-24x50

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsman View Post
    What ^ he said and get the registration of the vehicle as well,it cant do any harm as generaly they are trying to see what they can thieve.
    100% agree, and do it soon

Definitely get it reported as soon as you can.

If I'm walking between permissions i won't stop and talk to anyone except the police or a close friend. I don't really want to be hanging about in public with a firearm any longer than necessary.
    I get it a lot when I go out shooting on my quad as the rifles are strapped to the racks people tend to ask about them. A quick excuse and I'm off.

I wouldn't take a break from the area if I was you I'd be more vigilant and take a mate to try and deterr any potential wrong dooers.
    Just get out there and enjoy doing what you do bugger everyone else.

ATB. Hal.

Id report to the landowners and police , so they can keep an eye out as well for when you are not there. Keep a mobile on you all times if you get stopped in future pull it out and speak say its on silent

They are up to no good, only a matter of time before they try it on with you mate . Sound advice above.
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

I think you're being unfair to a minority group ! I'm sure no self respecting traveller would dream of following you home to find where your guns were stored !

Its not the "inquisitive nature" but the hanging around" bit that makes me feel topsy.., yeah ok sometimes people want to know what your gun looks like but then being parked up on your permission entrance.., na mate over dodgy, contact police & land owner. They could be scoping a move on, next thing you know 20 caravans turn up!
    I'd like to say not all travellers are like this and it would be unfair to give that impression. Unfortunatly dodgy people are everywhere!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

As everyone has said tell plod and the landowner, if it were me I would carry on going to the permissions but take the binoculars and no gun for the next few weeks.

You never know if you get a few more sightings plod might meet you their for a look round.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo23 View Post
    As everyone has said tell plod and the landowner, if it were me I would carry on going to the permissions but take the binoculars and no gun for the next few weeks.

You never know if you get a few more sightings plod might meet you their for a look round.
    Good idea...
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Just tell them to off, you are both alone in the sticks, usual rules don't apply - works for me...
    The perfect advice.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Just tell them to off, you are both alone in the sticks, usual rules don't apply - works for me...
    Except the next time you go shooting there might be another car blocking your exit.

Take a shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Take a shotgun
    Far easier just to be polite but firm the first time, as opposed to telling him to ----- off

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Except the next time you go shooting there might be another car blocking your exit.
    I'll second that, don't mess, it's like poking a wasps nest, they'll come back with their extended family, do some nasty things to you and then vanish without a trace.

To give you an idea what lengths they'll go to, they reduced a man's 'length' and left him bleeding to death by the roadside near where I live a few months ago, it was over a woman. The story made the news, it wasn't just a bit of hearsay. What didn't make the news though, was they got the wrong man

So I'd report them to the local Police, they say rural crime is on the increase.