Thread: bootsale airsporter

bootsale airsporter

Ive not seen an air gun at a bootsale for years, they seem to stop it these days, but found one today. And what luck, an airsporter. Pick it up, its a mk1. Pitted and painted black, wrong back block, trigger didnt feel great, stock had fallen apart and been badly glued back together and badly finished. Rear sight was half missing, didnt build/hold any pressure against the tap. Didnt look like there was a single decent part left on it.
    Price? £80 lol.

obviously I walked away.
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

I'd probably have took pity on the old girl, pointed out all her faults to the seller and offered them £15 for it. Would be a rainy day project if nothing else

I did think about offering 20, but doubt he'd have taken it. He'd obviously tarted it up so from a distance it looked like a reasonable gun but none of it was salvageable really. Shame, if it had been 177 mk2 or a mk1 club I'd have tried an offer.
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    Ive not seen an air gun at a bootsale for years, they seem to stop it these days, but found one today. And what luck, an airsporter. Pick it up, its a mk1. Pitted and painted black, wrong back block, trigger didnt feel great, stock had fallen apart and been badly glued back together and badly finished. Rear sight was half missing, didnt build/hold any pressure against the tap. Didnt look like there was a single decent part left on it.
    Price? £80 lol.

obviously I walked away.
    That makes a Beeza standard at a local car boot the other week sound about the same.
    Front sight missing ,rest of the condition well worn(brown) and the usual blurred screw heads. I did`nt even bother to handle it.
    The chap was asking £250.