Thread: Derek Watson.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex

Derek Watson.

Just like to say a big thank you on behalf of all the Buxted shooters who have shot the many varying venues you sourced during your never dull it appears years in charge at Horsham Hawks.

A shame to see you step down as your always smiling jovial fun loving disposition will be missed bit like most of the targets you shoot at these days.

Seriously Derek without you mate SiHFT wouldn't be what it is today.

So again a big thank you from all in Hobbit land.

Also like to wish Steve all the best for the future, am sure the ball is in safe hands.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Not shot in the SIHFT until this year and 2nd time shooting at horsham today. Great venue and im sure a lot of work and effort has been put in over the years to get to the standard the club is now. Cracking venue and great courses Derek ATVB Aaron
    Last edited by risingfriend; 31-08-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Many thanks Derek for all your hard work in setting some great courses

Good luck Steve and all for the future

ATB
    Nigel

Well said Andy! and many thanks Derek!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

I would like to add my comment to the messages above also.

As club secretary, I have had the opportunity to offer Derek a vote of thanks in various messages and emails internal to the club at Horsham over the past few weeks. I would like to do so again here publically, immediately prior to Steve formally taking over the reins as Chairman.

On behalf of the current committee and the members of Horsham Hawks HFT Club, I would like to extend a huge 'thank you' to Derek for the drive, determination and sheer hard work that he has put into making the club the success that it is today. Derek, it is hoped that you continue to enjoy your sport and we look forward to seeing you at the club and elsewhere, as a regular participant in the future.

Very best wishes to you,

PJ

Well done and a big thank you Derek your a credit to the sport. Always been a great course & site, it's been passed into safe hands as we all know.

Look forward to seeing you at many more meetings.

Cheers once again & well done.

Justin

ISP Airstream MKIII No33 in a Tilly Walnut Stock

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    HEAR HEAR to all the above.

There is no doubt, whatsoever, that the Hawks and SIHFT would never have been, nor will be, the same without the significant contribution from Sir Watson. Highly likely that the majority will be unaware of this.

Deffo one of SIHFT - and HFT's - quiet heroes.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Ditto Derek .......
    Have fun now.

Hello Derek,

This might come as a bit of a surprise to you but our club doesn't run in quite the same way as others do. In fact it is quite dysfunctional really How we ever manage to get things done just astonishes me (Actually it doesn't, it boils down to a hard core of loyal and committed members) The reason why I am telling you this Derek is if there was ever a blue print we should ever adopt to run a club it would be yours.

I salute you Sir!

P.S

Good luck Steve! I hope your term is just as fruitful with the Hawkes continuing to go from strength to strength.
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Herp View Post
    Hello Derek,

This might come as a bit of a surprise to you but our club doesn't run in quite the same way as others do. In fact it is quite dysfunctional really How we ever manage to get things done just astonishes me (Actually it doesn't, it boils down to a hard core of loyal and committed members) The reason why I am telling you this Derek is if there was ever a blue print we should ever adopt to run a club it would be yours.

I salute you Sir!

P.S

Good luck Steve! I hope your term is just as fruitful with the Hawkes continuing to go from strength to strength.
    Well said that man.

Welcome to true HFT.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Always enjoy shooting at Horsham Hawkes That's due to the hard work thats clearly been put into the excellent courses
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

All been said, let somebody else carry on what you started Derek!

Steve is a sensible bloke even if he can't shoot, so The Hawks are in good hands!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

As I sit here in Poitiers in the sunshine watching all the jolie mademoiselles saunter by, I have to echo the sentiments above.

Oi shrimpy, waddya mean dysfunctional?
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    As I sit here in Poitiers in the sunshine watching all the jolie mademoiselles saunter by, I have to echo the sentiments above.

Oi shrimpy, waddya mean dysfunctional?

Oi....Calm down Beardy and eat a Snickers. You can be a right Diva when you want to
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Ha ha! very good..
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!