Thread: Webley mk3 supertarget

Webley mk3 supertarget

Evening chaps

I have just acquired a Webley mk3 supertarget and after stripping have found the mainspring is only fit for for the bin. I know I can get a spring from knibbs etc but does anyone know if any of the Titan springs will fit?

Or am I best off with original spec?

Cheers

Andy

As far as I can see, Titan do not include the Web Mk3 in their lists, but I believe the spec for the spring (taken from the Cobham book) is: Length 210mm, wire 3.25 diameter, id 15mm, 29 coils.
    The Titan Ts001 is pretty close but would need cutting down a bit, I think.
    Or I think a HW77 spring would fit.
    Note, however, that with any ' after market' spring there is no guarantee that the spring guide would fit; although I suspect there would be no problem with either of the springs above.

Cheers, Phil

Original spec every time.
    A Titan spring is just too much for these older guns.

Titan XS No 6 is the one, Whilst I would normally agree with the above I have fitted a few of these to MK3s and was very happy with them, Produced about the same power as stock and nice quality items, I have seen a couple of OX square section springs fitted though with disastrous results, way too much for the MK3.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Titan XS No 6 is the one, Whilst I would normally agree with the above I have fitted a few of these to MK3s and was very happy with them, Produced about the same power as stock and nice quality items, I have seen a couple of OX square section springs fitted though with disastrous results, way too much for the MK3.
    I allways lovded the mark 3, a quality rifle, the only thing an Ox spring should be used for is to close a garden gate

Thanks for the advice chaps, gives me a few avenues to explore:-)

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    I allways lovded the mark 3, a quality rifle, the only thing an Ox spring should be used for is to close a garden gate
    I totally agree!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.