Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HW 80 no hull cartridge mark

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The HW Barakuda, made under cooperation of Weihrauch and the Barakuda Company of Hamburg, is the only variant of the HW35 that I havent got and will never get due to F.A.C. restrictions. From what Ive read - Im not missing much.
    Value? With it being FAC, thats a difficult one.

ATB
    Ian
    Difficult to value for sure but not Micks Guns price its not very good nick either he probably still has it.I'm not too fussed on this version myself but it is different.

Good find
    I only find old battle worn BSA meteors, what was the condition like?,
    The HC mark Only really matters if it has a valid warranty, otherwise HC or not they probably won't touch it.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Stamp

Tell me please,if it a hw ,then why does it have to have a stamp on it ??? does it make it "a better gun" or make you feel good that it has a "stamp on it" oh look my gun has a stamp on it ,Does make it go better ,and it's not a " Hull import it can't be any good,oh no can't get the parts,grey import no good.
    What load of =" Round Things=" just like my cats blacker than yours,how many guns have a stamps on them,can't think of any can you .
    I'm sitting back now,having a nice cuppa tea and waiting for your lovely comments to come flooding in
    so let's here from you ,Ta lots ..lol. Pops

Quote Originally Posted by naffer View Post
    Tell me please,if it a hw ,then why does it have to have a stamp on it ??? does it make it "a better gun" or make you feel good that it has a "stamp on it" oh look my gun has a stamp on it ,Does make it go better ,and it's not a " Hull import it can't be any good,oh no can't get the parts,grey import no good.
    What load of =" Round Things=" just like my cats blacker than yours,how many guns have a stamps on them,can't think of any can you .
    I'm sitting back now,having a nice cuppa tea and waiting for your lovely comments to come flooding in
    so let's here from you ,Ta lots ..lol. Pops
    You have a larger import company to send your rifle back to providing you have a valid warranty. If your buying from a RFD they still should honour a warranty regardless of the importer, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter to much.
    if they sell you a uk power rifle and it turns out not to be then take it back.
    The problem is buying direct from Germany then you will Get a German lower powered gun and more hassle should you wish to return it as HC won't touch it.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Hull Cartridge are the official importers of Weihrauch air gins, the stamp is nothing more than an identification mark to help them know wether to provide free warranty service on any particular gun.

Under EU law being the official importer means nothing! Hull Cartridge or Weihrauch can do nothing to stop anybody else importing Weihrauch guns into any other EU country under penalty of law, VW were fined .millions when they tried to stop their cars being imported by other than their official importers.

BTW non hc stamped guns are NOT GREY IMPORTS that term applies only to goods intended for other markets in the world wher specs dont meet EU requirements without modifications, eg Japanese market cars, 110V electrical goods for the USA etc.
    Parallel imports is the correct term as they come in on a parallel path to the official importer.

In the early days there was a possible problem with guns being over 12fpe, this went away with the EU ruling and the open market and being possible to order the correct spec.

Cheers

John
    Last edited by Snooper601; 03-09-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

I can't see the point in paying Hull Cartridge another 20% or so for a hull cartridge stamp, i have 5 HW's and none have the H.C stamp and are none the worse for it as is only to be expected.

Whether a Weihrauch is stamped 'HULL CARTRIDGE' means nothing to me. As a collector I note with interest whether a gun was imported by Optima, Edgar Bros etc. but unless it was something really unusual I wouldn't pay a premium price for it (unless they had spelt Hull Cartridge wrong ). Condition is far more important.

I dont think theres any snobbery in it.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 03-09-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk