Talking

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    That forum is a fake.

Ha ha ha!! That was very funny Ian!!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Does it shoot straight?

Sort of what a rifle is all about but so often overlooked by those who type rather than shoot..
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Thanks for the quick reply lads, much appreciated. Put my mind at rest too

I think I did all right. Rifle in very good condition with a tiny bit of surface rust on the barrel but nothing major. Action and stock is unmarked. Nothing special 4x32 scope and a decent rifle slip all for the princely sum of....... wait for it........£60

ps whats the best way to clean the surface rust without damaging the blueing?

Cheers

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hmmm, Is the Barracuda induced diesel rifle not a thing of fable and folklore then Mick??!!

John
    Hi John

The one being asked about had surfaced in the states and the owner asked for a valuation.

At the time there was one on Mick's Guns for about £850.

The bloke who said it was worth £150 on WOC had no idea what a Barracuda was but still gave his "Expert valuation".

All the best Mick

Yeah it seams to shoot spot on. Getting 1 inch groups at 30ish yards but Im sure its capable of better. Was a bit shaky today due to being plyed with much cider last night

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hmmm, Is the Barracuda induced diesel rifle not a thing of fable and folklore then Mick??!!

John
    No it is the rifle of many broken springs and a mid life cylinder bulge.
    Hw77+7

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Like John, I have a few older HW,s not marked Hull, they havent allways been the importer you know, for example, Optima Leisure Products, Edgar Brothers and a few more all of them works just has well with out the Hull marke
    My 1983 HW80 was bought from Optima Leisure Products and has Edgar Brothers engraved between the scope rails, a much nicer place to mark the rifle than the barrel like HC do.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    My 1983 HW80 was bought from Optima Leisure Products and has Edgar Brothers engraved between the scope rails, a much nicer place to mark the rifle than the barrel like HC do.

Cheers

John
    Yes to be honest a good mate of mine works for Sportsman and there prices are a hell of a lot cheaper without the Hull stamp, they shoot exactly the same has the ones with the Hull stamp

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi John

The one being asked about had surfaced in the states and the owner asked for a valuation.

The bloke who said it was worth £150 on WOC had no idea what a Barracuda was but still gave his "Expert valuation".

All the best Mick

WOW!!

A bit 'off' with the valuation then Mick!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi John

All the best Mick
    that bloke sounds a real "expert"-not

The HW Barakuda, made under cooperation of Weihrauch and the Barakuda Company of Hamburg, is the only variant of the HW35 that I havent got and will never get due to F.A.C. restrictions. From what Ive read - Im not missing much.
    Value? With it being FAC, thats a difficult one.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The HW Barakuda, made under cooperation of Weihrauch and the Barakuda Company of Hamburg, is the only variant of the HW35 that I havent got and will never get due to F.A.C. restrictions. From what Ive read - Im not missing much.
    Value? With it being FAC, thats a difficult one.

ATB
    Ian
    From what I have read on it, save your money Ian didnt the late great Gerald Cardew use an Hawk fitted with a similar device to show how it worked in AGW some time in the 80,s from memorey his results pointed to it not beeing either consistent or for that matter very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    From what I have read on it, save your money Ian didnt the late great Gerald Cardew use an Hawk fitted with a similar device to show how it worked in AGW some time in the 80,s from memorey his results pointed to it not beeing either consistent or for that matter very accurate.
    Hence my comment - 'Im not missing much'. I read an article (I will see if I can find it) about these rifles where the tester noted the complete inconsistency between shots and the fact that you rarely got a few hundred shots before the main spring broke. Far more consistency (and accuracy) from a .22 rimmie.
    I also think Original ventured down this road of ether injection.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hence my comment - 'Im not missing much'. I read an article (I will see if I can find it) about these rifles where the tester noted the complete inconsistency between shots and the fact that you rarely got a few hundred shots before the main spring broke. Far more consistency (and accuracy) from a .22 rimmie.
    I also think Original ventured down this road of ether injection.

ATB
    Ian
    best save yoyr money for another BSF

Quote Originally Posted by gumbob View Post

ps whats the best way to clean the surface rust without damaging the blueing?

Cheers

Ian
    An old piece of leather soaked in WD40 and rub gently

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.