Thread: Lee Classic Turret Press Kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lee Classic Turret Press Kit

Recently bought a Tikka T3 .223 1:12 twist.

Following my recent newbie reloading thread, what do you guys think of these?

Classic Turret Press

Classic Turret Press Video

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Precision ammo gets loaded on single station presses or hand die/arbour press set ups, turrets and progressives are for volume reloaders.

TB.

I load 3 calibre on this mate works well for me, Load .308win, 45-70 and 357mag.
    There no need to load on a single station

I load .357 mag / .38 Spl and 30-30 on mine with no problems - although I take out the drive rod for 30-30 and use it as a single stage. Unless you are planning on reloading a lot, in big batches, a single stage press would be cheaper and may suit your purpose just as well.
    Buckle
    Proud member of The YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club

Z1 Owners Club GB Wanted: Nothing at present!

It is a great value for money press and a good starter kit with almost everything you could need to start reloading (except case cleaning and possibly trimming/uniforming stuff).

It will give you good consistent results but if you are bench-resting or F-class shooting or similar you might be better getting a good single stage. But for general target or hunting use it is more than adequate. If you load for CSR or gallery rifle competitions it will be fine. The only reason to upgrade from this kit will be to increase volume of production at a later date, or you decide to go BR, F class, etc.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

I would bet good money that if you loaded some rounds on this and a single station press and shot them through the same
    rifle you would not see any difference in the group size