Thread: Valuation on New boxed Walther LGV Master

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom

Valuation on New boxed Walther LGV Master

Hi Guys

I've just acquired a brand new boxed Walther LGV Master with beech stock and in .22 calibre. It's only ever been test fired, still has the tags on it, so obviously in as new a condition as you can get.

This is not the kind of gun I would normally get, but I was more or less doing a favour for someone with some swaps and I took this in exchange.

I had considered one of these purely "just for the hell of having a springer" as all my guns tend to be .177 PCPs, so I'm not sure whether to keep it as such, or sell it on to cover my other outlays. I don't need the cash for anything else at present, but I'm wondering how much is it worth in it's current condition, and how much would it be worth if I kept it for 6 months to have a play with and then sell on - assuming I kept it pretty much as is because all my kit gets looked after.

I'd also be interested to hear from people who have one of these - what do you think of them, how do they compare to other springer's, are they top/middle/bottom?

Thanks

James

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    I've seen them for £299, brand new, to clear them from the shelves in the past.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

They are very good guns that were let down by original UK overpricing, fairly unattractive stocks and some initial quality control issues. The latter appear to have been sorted.

I was so impressed by the my LGU underlever, that I also bought an LGV Challenger. My guns are in 177 and I love them both.

Out of the box, the Challenger is far better than either of the two HW95s I previously owned. In fact I even prefer it over the LGU, which is saying a great deal.

The introduction of the gun into the UK market was so mismanaged that the price is artificially low now. Unless you're desperate for a couple of hundred quid, I suggest you hold onto it for a while and shoot it.

You may find out that you love it.

And you won't have to keep filling it with air.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Seems to be a very long discussion about it here:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....opinions-of-it

From what I see on YouTube, it is seems to be fairly quiet and has a plastic trigger

The ones sold in the UK have the metal trigger fitted.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    has a plastic trigger
    I never got why that was supposed to be a big issue anyway. I don't know if the modern ones do, but my 2006 HW100 had a plastic blade, cost more than twice what the LGV did and I don't recall much criticism levelled at it for that specific point.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I never got why that was supposed to be a big issue anyway. I don't know if the modern ones do, but my 2006 HW100 had a plastic blade, cost more than twice what the LGV did and I don't recall much criticism levelled at it for that specific point.
    I stand to be corrected but I believe the difference is the metal blades on the LGV's has two adjuster screws fitted allowing a greater degree of fine tuning of the trigger pull, whereas the plastic blade did not allow this.

The plastic blade on your HW100 was a shoe attached to a rail and did not limit the adjustment of the trigger.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Its a very good rifle worth keeping the stock is lot better in use than it looks.Shoot very well indeed,they are now low price for how long i don't know mine cost a lot more typical!
    The Ultra LGV was my first Walther then three Masters & a Challenger for the set,except i need a Century now & before anybody mentions a Terrus i've just acquired one used as new but not fully tested it yet .

Hey Mick agree, love my Master in .22 awesome rifle.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Thanks Guys

I know it's a great rifle, but with so many PCPs I'm not sure I will use it. I almost took it out today, but ended up with my Panther and s510 superlite, which are both easy and accurate. I'm going to have to see if I get the notion to use it, I don't think it will make any difference to the price either way as technically it's still second hand, even if it's never been out the box.

Thanks

James

I owned a Competition Ultra in .177 purchased 'mint used'. It was a good rifle but did nothing for my shooting so I sold it for what I gave for it. I recently purchased a .177 Challenger with synthetic ambi stock which had attention from V Mach although the owner didn't know what had been done to it originally. It did however have a V Mach Slimtech moderator and shoots really well. I paid £240 for it on here and am very pleased with its build and performance. In terms of weight it is heavier than a HW95 but lighter than a HW80. I like the simple uncluttered lines of the synthetic ambi stock and at the right price-which I believe I paid-I am delighted with it.
    To answer the original question and bearing in mind that .177 is more desirable than .22 for bbs members, I would consider around £200 to be the right price.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.