Thread: Diana Mod 27 (1920s) question

Diana Mod 27 (1920s) question

Guys, someone will know. I have taken apart my Diana mod 27 from the 1920s. Im not sure if there is something right down the end of the main tube, there seems to be something that feels soft like maybe a ring that might absorb the impact for the piston. Or am i seeing just some odd bits of off the leather washer.

Anyone know if parts are available, such as washers and springs. Or suggest an alternative to use.

Regards richard

Piston seal assembly available here http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/dian...eco-parts.html part no.D81.

A Titan no.5 Spring apparently will fit a model 27,but additional fitting is probably needed! http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...an-Mainspring/

The debris you mention in the cylinder will likely be as you assume from the piston washer.

ATB.

Coincidence.
    Stock just removed from my 27 for crack repair.
    Mechanicals all good on this one.

Thanks guys for the advice....

Diana 16 has a washer set at the end of the comp. cylinder which you can see on Chambers Gunsmith site exploded views though the 27 diagram has none I can see.
    I've got photos of mine but image site is being silly at the mo'
    Hang on it's here

Oh bolsheviks! It's a bit small will try again but it's ok saved to PC and opened again.
    Last edited by deejayuu; 01-09-2014 at 09:48 PM.

On the 1920s Diana 27 there is nothing in the cylinder so I think you have crud there.
    The 27 on the Chambers site is the later model, not the early half stock version; I do not know if parts are interchangeable.
    A meteor spring will usually fit, although I have found some small variations in cylinder inside diameter which made a meteor spring a little tight.
    From my notes: orig spring is 38 coils at 2.75mm wire. Piston and breech washers are not difficult to make from leather. Beautiful rifles.
    Cheers, Phil

Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can source a spring for my mod 27? I'm rebuilding one my grandfather brought back from Germany (WW2), and have lost the spring that holds the inner trigger collar down before the piston engages in it and locked for shooting. It presses vertically against the interior of the main gun body, and the inner component of the trigger release. It basically locks the piston rod assembly in place.
    Does anyone know where I can get one at all please?
    Would dearly love to get this old lady shooting again.
    Thanks in advance!
    Gav

TW Chambers or Protek Supplies ?

springs

Do you have dimensions, I have some unused Diana bits including small and mainsprings
    Pm me

Thx guys for the advice, and Phil from Cambridge who i know well of course.