Thread: daystate valve mechinism

daystate valve mechinism

HI all
    Is anyone stripping down their daystate (any model) and able to get some photos posted on here of the electronic valve as im intrigued as to how it works on them. ive heard that the valve is still a poppet valve but the hammer is different?
    Thanks

Hi, i don't have any pics available, but I have stripped my mk3. The hammer strike on the valve is controlled electronically. The hammer runs inside a cylindrical coil, the power to the coil comes from the battery and is controlled by the internal mapping software. So the strength and I assume duration of the hammer strike is controlled by the software. It's probably worth joining DOC as there are a numer of strip down guides there that provide lots of info.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!

Top work Murph, nice clear photos too .

Here's a cross sectionned Mk3 (regged version) which the OP may find useful. (Not my work, username rapid25).

Not a Daystate valve! but i'm surprised that no other manufacturers hav'nt used a firing valve like these=

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/manuals/...ructions13.pdf

These are very small and worked very well in an old electro Autococker paintball marker i owned several years ago, was a diy conversion.

Just a thought,probably patented! or non viable,works with low pressure 250-300psi.

Atb,Woody.

Nat its just a basic dump valve as used in GC2 and Sharp Innovas in the 80's and a few more pump ups in the 90's, although electric hold and release.

Thanks all. Very helpful. Just farming ideas for a potential future diy project that will probably never come to life, unless I don't improve my HFT scores ha ha.

Ah, i see,

Not a balanced,pilot valve.

Atb,Woody.