Thread: Evo noise,

Evo noise,

Hi all I'm just wondering if anyone has successfuly managed to quieten down the noise made by the action on a theoben evo.. I'm almost cirtan its not muzzle rapor as I beleve the vortex silencer is doing its job.
    The reason I'm asking as I seem to get a lot of spooked animals (quarry & livestock) from the noise of my rifle, which is effecting my abilitys as a pest controller.
    All ideas welcome..,
    I'm just wondering if its possible to tune pollish or even modify the rifle at all to help with this.
    Thanks all your knowledge is appreciated

Ps. Its a .22 carbine running at 10.8-9ftlbs with h&n FTTs
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

This will probably not help with your animal spooking problem, but I did find that putting a small square of adhisive backed foam tape on the action (between the action and the cocking link) completely prevented the irritating cocking link rattle. It is a shame that it is needed in the first place, as there is a nice tight lockup upon closing the action which gives the impression of being well engineered, but then the cocking link flaps about all over the place.

Rhys,

I haven't hunted in a while, now. But, when I did, it was the "thwack" of the pellet striking quarry that very often made the loudest noise. So, super-quiet action, moderator on board and that smack of pellet, especially in still conditions, would really ring out.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Rhys,

I haven't hunted in a while, now. But, when I did, it was the "thwack" of the pellet striking quarry that very often made the loudest noise. So, super-quiet action, moderator on board and that smack of pellet, especially in still conditions, would really ring out.
    It is definatly a thing but I'm cirtan the action is giving me troubles.. I need to give the girl a break, get a new seal, sort the trigger out & try again I think.,
    I think I need a second rifle to take over while I do the job or maybe send it off to somwhere....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I think I need a second rifle to take over ....
    Like a PCP perhaps? Go on, spoil yerself, Mister Lightnin' - keep a looky-out for an older S400 or S410 in .177