View Poll Results: Would you buy an old gun for the same price as a similar quality new gun

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 36.11%
  • No

13 36.11%
  • Yes I'm a collector

10 27.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nostalgia & gun prices

Not sure I really understand the question, John. You can't, and most people wouldn't, compare an Airsporter S with a Pro Sport. They each have different things going for them. Nostalgia, rarity, quality, design, condition, shootability etc are all factors that go into what people will pay, depending on their reasons for buying.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've just bought an Alros Trailsman for £325, which is £30 more than they were new just before they stopped making them. In my opinion its worth every penny as I always wanted one and now I have one. Is it as accurate as my HW100's? Well, not really, but the satisfaction of owning and using it is where its at for me.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I brought a coupe of skans and i think they are better than some of the new guns on the market, if you want something and are willing to pay , people will always try get the most they can.
    No one forces you to buy.atb