Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gangster 99s?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I'll give it a go Tone I could offer him a go on my short stroked (with bigtoe parts ) Diana 52 - Complete and working just in time for the bash

I'm so pleased with it, I've been resting my genitals on it all weekend
    That sounds like it should be very nice, Phil.

Gizza go, please!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I'll give it a go Tone I could offer him a go on my short stroked (with bigtoe parts ) Diana 52 - Complete and working just in time for the bash

I'm so pleased with it, I've been resting my genitals on it all weekend
    That good ehh

When I get the new lathe and workshop together I will lighten that piston down for ya and make it even better

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That sounds like it should be very nice, Phil.

Gizza go, please!!
    I'd be delighted to see what you think of it Tone

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    That good ehh

When I get the new lathe and workshop together I will lighten that piston down for ya and make it even better
    Aw, thanks Tony! Hoping you'll have a go with it on the weekend too I've only had a few shots with it indoors at 6 yards, but I think the signs are good

Question

LOL....the 50S gimp

50S = 99 BTW
    So Tony., if I wer to buy one of said 99s's would I be able to make it into a super accurate super quiet as a pcp (action & muzzle) really effective reliable hunting rifle? Because at the moment with another baby coming, spending under £280 quid for a complete setup to solve my noisy hard to cock rough triggerd EVO and nearly 6 permissions to cover, sounds like a much much better plan than buying a pcp.... plus I really like the look of it!
    And if it is the case that said 99s is up to the job which calibre would you recommend for doing the job the best? Taking into account noise, and hunting capability, range etc...

Thanks Tony
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Aw, thanks Tony! Hoping you'll have a go with it on the weekend too I've only had a few shots with it indoors at 6 yards, but I think the signs are good
    It transformed my .22 52k so it should be doing ok for you also...however its a bit heavy so there is more to come.
    Last edited by bigtoe01; 01-09-2014 at 10:47 PM.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    .......and nearly 6 permissions to cover.....
    So, that'll be five then!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I like that a lot,

So Tony., if I wer to buy one of said 99s's would I be able to make it into a super accurate super quiet as a pcp (action & muzzle) really effective reliable hunting rifle? Because at the moment with another baby coming, spending under £280 quid for a complete setup to solve my noisy hard to cock rough triggerd EVO and nearly 6 permissions to cover, sounds like a much much better plan than buying a pcp.... plus I really like the look of it!
    And if it is the case that said 99s is up to the job which calibre would you recommend for doing the job the best? Taking into account noise, and hunting capability, range etc...

Thanks Tony
    Rhys

The .22 99/50S is an awesome rifle, i have been practising with mine out to 25 yards quick shooting to simulate ratting and its just a joy

I would get a .22 m8, very simple to tune up and detwang, if you want the shorter barrel version get it from Germany and just swap the spring, however be really careful getting the piston out and deburr the action properly before rebuilding the gun, the seals can get damaged very quickly.
    I have fitted a Rowan set back straight blade to mine, it now just needs a barrel sleeve which I will get round to at the end of the month.

I will try and bring it to the bash at the weekend, its not special but it shoots nice and its very accurate.

Now I know this is a daft question but I have a friend who lives in Germany and comes back to see family a few times a year and would be willing to bring one back for me now is there anything that would need to be done before bringing one back as I wouldn't want them to get in trouble or have the rifle seized at customs? Regards lightning

Rhys

The .22 99/50S is an awesome rifle, i have been practising with mine out to 25 yards quick shooting to simulate ratting and its just a joy

I would get a .22 m8, very simple to tune up and detwang, if you want the shorter barrel version get it from Germany and just swap the spring, however be really careful getting the piston out and deburr the action properly before rebuilding the gun, the seals can get damaged very quickly.
    I have fitted a Rowan set back straight blade to mine, it now just needs a barrel sleeve which I will get round to at the end of the month.

I will try and bring it to the bash at the weekend, its not special but it shoots nice and its very accurate.
    That all sounds very good Tone I was thinking .22 as I'm used to shooting it plus it will suit a lower mag scope.., One final question what is the barrel diameter.. I'm wondering if a spare EVO slip on silencer I have will fit the non threaded even cheaper 99s with open sights.. it would cost about 205 euros then!! & I can pick up a cheap scope from on here....
    I think the EVO barrels are 15.9mm about...

Would love to have a little play on yours.., you there Saturday?
    Oh yeah and are they really quiet?
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 02-09-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1981 View Post
    Now I know this is a daft question but I have a friend who lives in Germany and comes back to see family a few times a year and would be willing to bring one back for me now is there anything that would need to be done before bringing one back as I wouldn't want them to get in trouble or have the rifle seized at customs? Regards lightning
    Not sure about this Lightning but I know that you can get them posted direct to your door from this site for not much money and that way you reduce the chance of a possible diffiult situation in an airport with a gun!!

Not sure about this Lightning but I know that you can get them posted direct to your door from this site for not much money and that way you reduce the chance of a possible diffiult situation in an airport with a gun!!
    My mate drives back over around Xmas time so would bring it then but if posting to my door can be done for a reasonable cost it's worth a look.

That all sounds very good Tone I was thinking .22 as I'm used to shooting it plus it will suit a lower mag scope.., One final question what is the barrel diameter.. I'm wondering if a spare EVO slip on silencer I have will fit the non threaded even cheaper 99s with open sights.. it would cost about 205 euros then!! & I can pick up a cheap scope from on here....
    I think the EVO barrels are 15.9mm about...

Would love to have a little play on yours.., you there Saturday?
    15mm barrel m8, i am going to knock up another batch of shrouds over the next 2 months or so....so you have options.

They are not loud guns although the K will be louder than the rifle.

)
    Thank you, Phil.

Can't wait now.....Only four more sleeps, day off tomorrow , then two days at work and then IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

That all sounds very good Tone I was thinking .22 as I'm used to shooting it plus it will suit a lower mag scope.

Good thinking, matey. Actually sweet enough even in .177, but with the lower swept volume and less spring room, makes power easier in .22... And, as you say, you're used to it.

And I'm pretty confident it'll be quiet enough...Many aren't even twangy as standard, but if it was slightly noisy mechanically, it's a doddle of a job.

Just one little niggle with this particular version as a HUNTING gun though, Rhys...Although it looks the dog's danglies, would it not be more "stealthy" in traditional blued finish?

Also wondering if, for even more quiet operation, how about neatly wrapping the barrel in sound absorbing cloth tape, or Camo tape, giving more sound deadening effect (?) and potentially protecting the finish should you snag it when in confined spaces??
    Last edited by TonyL; 02-09-2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Tape?