Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daystate regal v hw100sk

Daystate regal v hw100sk

Has title which of the two would you buy and why,this is assuming you have shouldered both rifles and both fit.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Has title which of the two would you buy and why,this is assuming you have shouldered both rifles and both fit.
    Regal all day long. HW100 feels like a plank when shouldered.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Regal all day long. HW100 feels like a plank when shouldered.
    The HW100 shoots better though, so what you looking for a good looking rifle or a accurate rifle?

ATB
    Ray
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

I think the regal is the best looking rifle out there. Get a well made one and you've got a great hunter. No one is gonna slag off the accuracy of the HW100 but it weighs a ton. So I don't see the point unless you're only shooting off a bipod or plinking

I had this dilemma a few months ago.

Regal- beautiful looking, shoots lovely, very light. Bad points, reliability - I've heard of loads being sent back to be fixed.

HW100- best magazine system, probably more reliable. Bad points, heavy, doesn't look the best.

In the end I went with an S410 as it filled the gap between the other two nicely.

I had a similar decision. I bought an HW100 full-length in the end, though I am now thinking of swapping to a Daystate.

The HW100 is heavy, but you get used to it. The Mk2 stocks are much nicer looking. The magazine is much easier to use than the Daystate.

BUT the Daystate is pretty, has a lot more character to shoot and is far lighter.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Riggsmakaveli View Post
    The HW100 shoots better though, so what you looking for a good looking rifle or a accurate rifle?

ATB
    Ray
    I guess a bit of both

Hw100 its one of the best rifle out there don't care what anyone says and yes I've owned all the big daystate's, Steyr's, etc including the regal it's a beautiful little rifle but performance wise hw100 all the way.

If you worry about the weight buy the carbine version it's much lighter than the full length.
    if you still find the carbine a little bit weighty put a a&m custom cylinder makes a light and 80 shots per fill. I've had few HW100's I loved them so much I've decided to make a bullpup.

Regards.
    Anwar

HW100KS is a good looking rifle, its the thumbhole stock that puts people off. Its heavy yes, but very well balanced. My only downside is the low shot count (about 45 in .177).

The regal to me isn't that nice looking (the Classic was much nicer), but its nice and light and has a higher shot count.

The HW100 has very few reliability issues, whereas the Regal seems to have a few problems.

At the end of the day they're both excellent rifles, but my key decision would be shot count - how many do you need before recharging?

I am another who had to choose between Regal, HW100 or S510. I bought the Regal as it felt good on shoulder probably as it is based on the success of the popular Hunter model. It is the best looking gun of the three, lightest and best shot count.
    When the Regal first came available around June last year several members at the club bought them, including me and the main problem with them was they came under powered, shooting just over 10ft/lb. The problem seemed to be made worse by Daystate not wanting to know. The easy answer was a club member who was a handy gunsmith peeled the anti-tamper foil back, had the correct tool, turned them up to 11.5 put the seal back and we have a great gun. I probably know of 8 Regals at the club and only seen one with a genuine problem, a very stiff bolt that was returned and fixed.
    I like the AA S510 but I can't do with left hand loading so that's not in the frame. The HW100 is one of the smoothest actions you will find other than the electronic Daystates but very heavy and low shot count.
    Good luck, what ever you choose should be a good gun.
    John
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

I had an HW100K, bought an S410K, then sold the HW.

Don't get me wrong, the HW had a sublime trigger, good magazine action (though not flawless as some may suggest), and I had to keep nipping up the barrel grub screw.

However, for me the appalling plank of a stock (had a thumbhole version, then tried a sporter) and the balance compared to the S410K meant that I moved it on.

This though, is very personal. I've never handled a Regal, but imagine the handling is more akin to the S410.

I realised that I always picked up the Air Arms over the HW, for all the Weihrauch's undoubted qualities. You'll get people spouting black and white for either, if you can handle and shoot both, then consider the 'on paper' pros and cons, you will have a clearer idea...

Tim

I have the chance of a early 2013 hw100sk in immaculate condition with a hugget shroud and silencer plus the original weihrauch silencer for £650,am I right in thinking this is a bit too much?

guns

never got on with aa,had a daystate huntsman classic that was nice,
    but definitely prefer the hw100.had quite a few carbines and only one full length.
    i know its each to their own and everyones after making things light,
    but i personally have never shot so well as when i had the full length .22 thumbhole(never had a sporter stock and never wanted one)
    if a full length .22 came at the right price i would probably have it

cheers al
    tench regged tac scorpion se .177

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    I have the chance of a early 2013 hw100sk in immaculate condition with a hugget shroud and silencer plus the original weihrauch silencer for £650,am I right in thinking this is a bit too much?
    I think that's a decent price if immaculate as you say. Keep in mind that the huggett will have cost around £150 itself. Enjoy it, that was my previous rifle and I've never shot so accurately as I did with it.

gun

as an after thought,
    at the moment the only gun i have is an absolutely fabulous tench regged scorpion .177
    which i'm very happy with,but i think i would swap this and go back to the hw100th .22.
    i just think i personally shoot better free standing with a heavier gun

cheers al
    tench regged tac scorpion se .177