Quote Originally Posted by lbl25a View Post
I missed this thread as haven't visited this forum for some time. Found it following a search.
No one mentioned that Gerald Cardew was the original inventor and designer of the Sportsmatch GC2. In this I believe that his contribution to airgun technology was greater than his experiments on Springers.
In its day the GC2 was regarded as the ultimate quality PCP and although it's design was revolutionary there is no equivalent airgun available on the market today.
Gerald took the Dump valve design used in the Sharp Innova and applied it to the PCP. The Webley Rebel has provided a modern equivalent of the Sharp Innova which was so popular because the action of the Dump valve was much nicer to shoot than the conventional hammer.
I wonder if a modern equivalent of the GC2 with some of its drawbacks designed out and made at a competitive price would be as popular.
Lots of GC2s still out there, and performing fantastically.

Making that gun today, to those standards, would make it a very, very expensive gun. But then, there does appear to be a market for high-end, special PCPs, so maybe viable?