Thread: Greener Rifle Question.

Greener Rifle Question.

Can anyone tell me what power a Greener air rifle in good order puts out in both .177 and .22?

Another lap please!

This is a little difficult to answer as neither a Greener leaflet nor the 1938 Parker Hale catalogue quote velocity figures for the Greener air rifle. The leaflet claims the rifle was capable of 'great velocity' at distances up to 50 yards. It also included photographs of flattened pellets to illustrate the point. The Greener was apparently originally available in a card box with a supply of 100 pellets. Unusually they also recommended darts and suggested a strong backstop due to the rifle's high velocity. Needless to say, darts should not be shot from rifled barrels!

The Greener remains a popular classic British air rifle, with not that many around today. Some of the prices I have seen such as the two in an Oxfordshire dealer's inventory are way too high though and I think some people think they are worth more than they actually are.

John

Thanks for the reply,John.

ATB.

Hello ,

Totally agree with John's comments.

My opinion ??? Does it really matter what the power output of an old gun is ??

As long as it will hit the 57 Beans can at the bottom of my garden with a reassuring clunk , who cares ??
    I'm not going hunting with it. I have a very modern PCP type thingy for that.

Sam