Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fwb sport open sights query.

I found it, shall we say 'a challenge' especially after many years using scopes. But, it was good fun.

If the targets aren't too far away you can get really good groups even though you don't really see the aim point clearly.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    FWB 124 Sports..Just a few pictures.. http://s22.photobucket.com/user/chor...20124%20Sports

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    What pellets do you all use,do the 124s prefer a certain brand or are they not pellet fussy ?

Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post

The rear sight is wrong though, i'll have to put a wanted ad up, on the off chance somebody has a 127 rear sight on their 124 - unlikely!
    Give M/c Air Guns a ring. I noticed the other day that they have a FWB Sport rear sight in their spares but I never noticed whether it was a 124 or a 127. Theres a 50/50 chance its right.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    What pellets do you all use,do the 124s prefer a certain brand or are they not pellet fussy ?
    Mine love jsb's / as fields .52s

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Give M/c Air Guns a ring. I noticed the other day that they have a FWB Sport rear sight in their spares but I never noticed whether it was a 124 or a 127. Theres a 50/50 chance its right.

HTH
    Ian
    Cheers ian, i'll check that out. I've heard the 124 sights are fairly thin on the ground, so I don't think i'll struggle to get rid.

One other question, do hw elements fit the fwb sight? Cheers - Paul.

They also have a good selection of various foresight elements. If you go take your old one with you and try to match it up.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Cheers ian, i'll check that out. I've heard the 124 sights are fairly thin on the ground, so I don't think i'll struggle to get rid.

Hi mate
    Weirauch elements don't fit ,Anschutz are close but still won't fit properly
    Regards
    Les

Cheers les

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    It is well possible as you have pointed out & can't confirm any of this either way.I have a small collection of Sports 11 or so & the only things that are definite as to models are the rear sight difference between cals,butt pad, the MKII stamping all of these have the metal trigger ,the safety differs also but is same on a couple of early ones but these could have been changed.The checkering changes then reverts back to MKI style in between the years some where & some of what i believe are MKI's have metal triggers again could have been changed later.
    Then to complicate it more the 124 i have looks to be a MKII numbers start with 42 does NOT say MKII on breach & has the interchangeable elements so as you see hard to define.
    Just put on which ever you like no one will mind.
    Hi Mick
    Have you any idear if there was any difference in the front sight dovetail sizes
    I have a front sight I modified some years ago, I thought was off my old 127
    But it won't fit my mk2 124
    Regards
    Les

Cheers les
    Hi mate
    Just had a recheck on anschutz elements that belong to my match 54 rimmy and in fact they
    Do fit ok, so you may find these more available than fwb
    Cheers Les

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    ... An exact introduction date for the FWB Sport would be helpful too. I've seen US adverts for it as early as 1973, but I have a feeling it didn't hit the shelves here until at least 1975 (or later still?). Does anyone who was a dealer at the time know when it was first imported here?
    My copy of D R Hughes' Sport handbook is packed away in storage at the moment so I can't give you the exact quote, but I read in there that it hit the US market in late 1973 and the UK in summer 1975.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    My copy of D R Hughes' Sport handbook is packed away in storage at the moment so I can't give you the exact quote, but I read in there that it hit the US market in late 1973 and the UK in summer 1975.

Matt
    Thanks Matt.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hello Les,as far as i know the dovetail is the same size i haven't swapped any of mine with each other.When i get some time i will try & have a look at mine.

Yes it seems they were built with whatever parts were to hand. My mk2 has a little window in the safety slide, the mk1 doesn't...but that wouldn't mean all mk1 didn't have that feature.

Safe to say its all as clear as mud! I'll just set about getting the rear sight exchanged
    I may be able to do you a swap i think i have one i removed.