Thread: original 50 valuation

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....

original 50 valuation

Hi everyone , I have the above which has been taken apart by it's previous owner . Its in lovely condition with a couple of marks on the stock . It's missing the rearsight but i think thats all . I have had a look on Chambers and all the parts are there , I was going to rebuild it but it looks a real bugger to put back together . So in a nutshell , whats it worth as a nice project . p.s its .22 calibre
    Thanks for now

Don ..

They are a lovley rifle, not powerful but accurate, they are allso a bit of a pig to potch about on assembly. The triguer unit in particular bassicly it uses ball -bearings to provide a good triguer. Many of the old -local to me gun shops refused point blank to work on the old Originals fitted with these units. Now price, I payed £175 for mine 3 years back, not mint but workable . Have a look just in front of the raised scope mount on the left side there should be ( in very small script) the date of manufacture. Price, has a project I wont say has I on ly payed £175 for a fully working one, sure someone will be along soon with a valuation, good luck with sale.

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Thanks for that it seems that the date stamp is 06/78
    a couple of pics here

Don ..

It is one of my fave underleavers My first one was 1978 model like yours in .22 had to sell a few years back has neded the cash, of course had to have another when the money was available this one is a bit earlier 1976, lovley stock and metal work is ok, a delightful rifle, good luck with sale.

Pm sent!