Thread: Haenel 28R pics required please

Haenel 28R pics required please

Could someone please send me some close up pics of a Haenel 28R (repeater), showing the lead ball magazine tube removed for loading (for me to post in the vintage gallery)?

Thank you.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

You got mail.

----------------------------
    Frank

Perhaps your username should be "The Postman" Frank? You always deliver!

On a different note Danny, would you like a good quality scan of a Walther LGV Manual (1974 vintage)?

My pc won't allow me to use either of my e-mail programmes when trying the procedure outlined on the VAG [Click username > select e-mail program to use etc]. Just pm me an e-mail address if you would like it. ATVB Nick

Many thanks to Frank for providing the pics with his usual sublime delivery.

Now posted <HERE>.

Nick I would be very glad of those LGV manual scans, please. My email address is in my BBS or Network 54 profile.

(You can always highlight an email address and then copy and paste it as text into your usual email software, rather than clicking on it to activate your email programme directly.)

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Nick I would be very glad of those LGV manual scans, please. My email address is in my BBS or Network 54 profile...
    Should have thought of that . Manual has been sent, hope it's of use.

That Haenel is a splendid looking oldie. One more that I'd never have seen without your efforts.

Regards, Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Should have thought of that . Manual has been sent, hope it's of use.

That Haenel is a splendid looking oldie. One more that I'd never have seen without your efforts.

Regards, Nick.
    Thanks Nick.

As I understand it, the way the Haenel repeater works is there is a little spring-loaded gate that you can see drops down from the cylinder just forward of the trigger/guard when the action is opened.

A lead ball then rolls forward from the removeable magazine tube.

When the gate returns to its closed position after the mainspring is fully cocked, the ball is lifted to the correct position in the breech ready for firing, and the rest of the magazine is sealed off.

The barrel is fixed, unlike the single shot pistol.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

A slight amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks Nick.

As I understand it, the way the Haenel repeater works is there is a little spring-loaded gate that you can see drops down from the cylinder just forward of the trigger/guard when the action is opened.

A lead ball then rolls forward from the removeable magazine tube.

When the gate returns to its closed position after the mainspring is fully cocked, the ball is lifted to the correct position in the breech ready for firing, and the rest of the magazine is sealed off.

The barrel is fixed, unlike the single shot pistol.
    This is not quite how it loads as Frank's example appears to be missing a spring loaded plunger that slides inside the magazine tube (as here http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps9630cf93.jpg). The balls are fed by spring action rather than gravity. To load the magazine you first feed the ball shot into the fixed tube that sits in the centre of the cylinder and you then push the magazine tube into this so forcing the plunger back and the balls into the magazine tube. You can then screw the magazine tube into the threaded end of the inner tube so fixing it in place with the ammo under spring pressure. If you try to load the magazine tube first and then push it into the fixed tube chances are you will spend the next hour looking for the shot all over the carpet, as first amusingly told by Dennis Hiller in his air pistols book.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    This is not quite how it loads as Frank's example appears to be missing a spring loaded plunger that slides inside the magazine tube (as here http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps9630cf93.jpg). The balls are fed by spring action rather than gravity. To load the magazine you first feed the ball shot into the fixed tube that sits in the centre of the cylinder and you then push the magazine tube into this so forcing the plunger back and the balls into the magazine tube. You can then screw the magazine tube into the threaded end of the inner tube so fixing it in place with the ammo under spring pressure. If you try to load the magazine tube first and then push it into the fixed tube chances are you will spend the next hour looking for the shot all over the carpet, as first amusingly told by Dennis Hiller in his air pistols book.
    Thanks for that clarification, John.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery