Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 600 :))

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi John,

My Co2 collection started with Crosman 600 quickly followed by a 150. I then needed to compare the 150 with the equivalent Benjamin 262 resulting in a another purchase. While searching for the 262, I couldn't resist this nice little boxed Benjamin 250, which has surprised me with its power and accuracy for such a compact design.

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...pse27d2614.jpg

My experience with the Crosman 150 and Benjamin 262 gives the Crosman the edge over the 262.

I have also been tempted to find a Benjamin 422 semi-auto to compare with the 600, but informed opinion suggests the 422 doesn't bear comparison with the 600.

Regards

Brian
    Hi Brian

Does the 150 take the 8g cart's??

It looks a beauty mate, I almost bought one a few years ago at the very first (Sutton Coldfield) Vintage airgun fayre!! (Wish I had now

Next on the list is a Crosman mk1 or a mk2 (Or both!!)

I saw a lovely Crosman (T2 I think) at the Melbourne fayre this year and would have bought it but I didn't quite have enough from buying other guns and stuff!

Couldn't find out who it was but it didn't sell by all accounts

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Dean's post is full of material for knob related jokes ,which I note we have resisted ,being serious minded collectors.

I find the push knob much easier to use.
    The back turn cap I have on a 600 and a couple of rifles puzzles me because the guns tend to fill without the back turn.
    I don't use much force or pliers to tighten and yet more often than not the cap goes solid and the gun is ready to use.
    Maybe modern co2 capsules just open wider when pierced?

More dirty joke material there.
    I actually prefer this type of piercer Ginge as I have Arthritis in my hands so screwing back whilst under pressure my be a bit painful for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by kamag View Post
    No probs john , just checked the old Blue Streak,è held air over a week.
    Looks like seals are holding this time
    Be round at yours in three quarters of an hour Les

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I now have two 600s. Being left-handed but almost ambidextrous I have two sets of grips for both. Nothing is more fun than holding one in my left hand, the other in my right and just shredding a target with rapid firing from both.
    Both have the turn back piercing caps - no problem at all and I think that they look better.

I bought the first in February and have got through 16000 pellets since- thats over 500 CO2 cartridges. Best fun ever.

I swapped gingernut on here a standard screw in cap for a convertable push in cap that also can be used for bulk filling my 600 and 677. See below..

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Crossman 600

Hi john
    Thanks for bringing the pistols up for a plink thats the
    Most enjoyable couple of hours I've had for some time
    The 600 is superb Also liked the hy -score. Lp2 nice
    Lp53 ok but was missing one of the Bond girls.
    Regards
    Les

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kamag View Post
    Hi john
    Thanks for bringing the pistols up for a plink thats the
    Most enjoyable couple of hours I've had for some time
    The 600 is superb Also liked the hy -score. Lp2 nice
    Lp53 ok but was missing one of the Bond girls.
    Regards
    Les
    Hi Les

Enjoyed it too!!

Strange how well the 600 performed with the Accupell and them Daystate pellets and so badly with the others!!

I could have left them with you for a week or two if you'd like to have a play!!

PaulR- That's a heck of a lot of lead and gas!!

Cheers, John

Crossman 600

Cheers john
    But her indoors got mi wallet on a short lead
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I swapped gingernut on here a standard screw in cap for a convertable push in cap that also can be used for bulk filling my 600 and 677. See below..

Baz

Can you manage to get enough gas in to make it worthwhile?
    I can only manage about 20 shots on a bulk fill, so tend to use standard capsules.

Ian

Good to see someone else has caught the '600' bug.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I now have two 600s. Being left-handed but almost ambidextrous I have two sets of grips for both. Nothing is more fun than holding one in my left hand, the other in my right and just shredding a target with rapid firing from both.
    Both have the turn back piercing caps - no problem at all and I think that they look better.

I bought the first in February and have got through 16000 pellets since- thats over 500 CO2 cartridges. Best fun ever.
    Think what you have done to the ozone layer all by yourself !! - Be a green tax on CO2 next

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    I can only manage about 20 shots on a bulk fill, so tend to use standard capsules.

Ian
    The only answer is to add a supply tank,, as you have already found, the gun by itself just doesn't have the volume needed to bulk fill. There are a number of setups that people have come up with. Some of the best are found in Hawaii where they have major problems with rats. There are expanded pellet magazines (100 shots, if memory serves) all with extended barrels and large CO2 tanks. Firing these exotic super 600s next to the standard model is an experience and eye-opener.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post

Ian
    Ian, I originally did it as a cost saving measure not for extra shots. I pay 50p for a capsule, bulk filling is 12p. Must say I do not bother these days as I hardly ever shoot the Crosmans now. prefer shooting my collection of target pistols for long range plinking.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    The only answer is to add a supply tank,, as you have already found, the gun by itself just doesn't have the volume needed to bulk fill. There are a number of setups that people have come up with. Some of the best are found in Hawaii where they have major problems with rats. There are expanded pellet magazines (100 shots, if memory serves) all with extended barrels and large CO2 tanks. Firing these exotic super 600s next to the standard model is an experience and eye-opener.
    I had to go look for these - wow, Ill bet these are great fun!
    Another one
    and one more - this one has an exploded diagram in there too!

mac-1

MAC-1 is one of if not the best air gun shop in the US. They have a nice extended 600 barrel for not very much. http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/product-p/cr600loba.htm

They have the Crosman bulk fill adaptor too. http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/bulk-c.../m1baco2cr.htm

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    MAC-1 is one of if not the best air gun shop in the US. They have a nice extended 600 barrel for not very much. http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/product-p/cr600loba.htm

They have the Crosman bulk fill adaptor too. http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/bulk-c.../m1baco2cr.htm

Hi Dean

I have THIS bulk fill cap that I bought for a QB78, It screws on to my 600 but the knurled nut is too long and I think I would need to reduce the length on my lathe, also the clearance against the underside of the barrel is very tight so I may have to skim a couple of thou off the diameter and re knurl

I may give it a go when I have some spare time as I don't have a use for it now

BTW, It's part of a bulk fill kit from Archers gun shop on your side of the pond

Cheers, John

Hi John,

This is my Crosman 150 which uses standard 12grm capsules and has better sights than the equivalent Benjamin 262 also pictured below which uses the 8 grm capsule.

Crosman 150

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6a79380f.jpg

Benjamin 262

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...psa9eb045a.jpg

The boxed Benjamin 250 will shoot BBs or .177 pellets, although I wouldn't think the saving on BBs compared with pellets made this worthwhile.

Regards

Brian