Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crosman 600 :))

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Dean's post is full of material for knob related jokes ,which I note we have resisted ,being serious minded collectors.

I find the push knob much easier to use.
    The back turn cap I have on a 600 and a couple of rifles puzzles me because the guns tend to fill without the back turn.
    I don't use much force or pliers to tighten and yet more often than not the cap goes solid and the gun is ready to use.
    Maybe modern co2 capsules just open wider when pierced?

More dirty joke material there.
    Hi,

My first series Crosman 600 will only release the gas after the recommended slight anti-clockwise back off no matter what brand of capsule is used.

I have now tried several brands of flat head pellets and have settled on Webley 'Verminpel' for their combination of reliable feeding and accuracy.

Regards

Brian

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi John,

This is my Crosman 150 which uses standard 12grm capsules and has better sights than the equivalent Benjamin 262 also pictured below which uses the 8 grm capsule.

Crosman 150

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6a79380f.jpg

Benjamin 262

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...psa9eb045a.jpg

The boxed Benjamin 250 will shoot BBs or .177 pellets, although I wouldn't think the saving on BBs compared with pellets made this worthwhile.

Regards

Brian

Ooops!! When I asked if the 150 was 8g cart's I meant the one in the box with the Benjamin pellets which I now realise isn't a 150!!

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Dean

I have THIS bulk fill cap that I bought for a QB78, It screws on to my 600 but the knurled nut is too long and I think I would need to reduce the length on my lathe, also the clearance against the underside of the barrel is very tight so I may have to skim a couple of thou off the diameter and re knurl

I may give it a go when I have some spare time as I don't have a use for it now

BTW, It's part of a bulk fill kit from Archers gun shop on your side of the pond

Cheers, John
    Beware that the 600 and QB78 are not compatible due to English v Metric threading. Assuming you have the correct threading, it is not necessary to have the collar tightly screwed down since it is the O-rings that provide the seal not the tightening action of the collar.

Thumbs up

Thanks Dean

I think you are spot on with the metric Vs imperial threads as it goes on for about two or three turns then it stops- as it starts to get tight though, the knurling on the cap can be felt catching and feeling ratchety on the underside of the barrel!!

I don't think i'll bother, it's fine with the 12g cart's

Regards, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    A guy in Wales has 32 of them, been selling a few off.

Baz
    Ok who or where is this guy selling them in Wales ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Ok who or where is this guy selling them in Wales ?
    He contacted me by email after I enquired about an add on G/Star. He had 34 of them at the time but he has been selling them off on the same site. I do not think it would be right of me to give out his details, just keep checking the adds and you may see the same location keep coming up. He may also appear on g/seekers.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Good to see someone else has caught the '600' bug.
    have to admit, love mine which i got from Laurie a few years back, series one with a turn piercing and some nice custum grips from Crocked Barn in the states, it never fails to put a smile on my face, simply one of Americas best