Thread: Abas Major, Warrior & Acvoke velocities

Abas Major, Warrior & Acvoke velocities

I wonder if any owners of these pistols who have access to a chronograph would reply to this enquiry. I appreciate that these pistols are getting on a bit & were never intended to be hand canons but I would be interested to hear what measured velocities they can achieve in normal condition, ie not tweaked, just serviced with "like for like" original parts.

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    I wonder if any owners of these pistols who have access to a chronograph would reply to this enquiry. I appreciate that these pistols are getting on a bit & were never intended to be hand canons but I would be interested to hear what measured velocities they can achieve in normal condition, ie not tweaked, just serviced with "like for like" original parts.

many thanks
    Hello,

I recorded the following results for my second series Warrior and ABAS Major pistols during a 10 shot string .

Pellet H&N Pistol Match Wadcutter Wt= 7.56 grns.

Warrior

Average Muzzle Velocity = 350 fps Muzzle Energy = 2.05 ft/lbs

ABAS Major

Average Muzzle Velocity = 410 fps Muzzle Energy = 2.8 ft/lbs

Both pistols are in good functional condition, are fitted with all original parts and punch nicely grouped, clean holes in the card at 10 metres.

The above values compare with average muzzle energy results from my Webley Premier / Senior / Mk1 of about 3ft/lbs.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brian

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Blimey a Warrior that could punch holes in a target card. My one you were lucky to hit it! Something to do with the rusty gin trap trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    Blimey a Warrior that could punch holes in a target card. My one you were lucky to hit it! Something to do with the rusty gin trap trigger.
    Hello Keith,

The variation in muzzle velocities recorded for the Warrior were quite low and although the muzzle energy also seems quite low, it's still sufficient to punch clean holes when flat head pellets are used at ranges up to 10 metres.

I obviously can't comment on other examples, but I would say the trigger release on my Warrior is comparable to that of the ABAS, but maybe not quite as crisp as the average Webley.

Regards

Brian

Thank you for posting the results you got with your pistols, much appreciated,
    Regards

Some info here http://cinedux.com/acvoke-airguns.php on the Acvoke pistol.