Thread: Matchgun Hybrid MGH1

Matchgun Hybrid MGH1

Hi to All. Has anyone shot with the Mgh1 if so could you please give me your views on the gun
    and I could possibly be looking to buy one

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I tried one briefly,first impression was that the trigger wasn't very good in either mode and that it didn't feel very well balanced
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

My friend,Alan Ritchie has one,he won the Welsh open and shot in the Commonwealth Games 2014. He quite likes his.

The mechanical trigger is purely a backup should the electronics fail, you need to set the electronic to be lighter than the mechanical so the solenoid fires before the mechanical seer is released. This seems a bit pointless to me, unless you experience frequent electronic failures, in which case I wouldn't buy the gun.

That said, the engineering is about the best of any pistol, and reliability is not in question. So think of it as an electronic pistol with a mechanical backup that you will never use. The trigger is sweet... None better, less of a micro switch feel than the morini IMHO.

I love the trigger blade for feel and adjustability.

Grip and balance are all tweakable - there are bolt on balance weights that no one ever uses. Grip adjustability is sweet, a good selling point over the Morini 162.

Pellet loading is questionable, impossible to unload, you need a sand bucket to clear the gun. Not a design I like - but arguably a technically better solution to pellet loading, which might make a micron or two difference to group size. There was also an issue where the pellet could get chopped in two if you raised the loading lever after loading. This is only an issue with some pellets, not all, AND there is a factory fix to avoid this problem.

The latest version has a magnet to positively lock down the loading lever - a weakness in original design where the gun could fire with out being fully closed, with inevitable pellet damage and accuracy implications. Can't help but think the magnet might attract debris which will gaurentee the gun not being closed directly. Keep your eye on it then no issue, but another thing to worry about compared to Morini etc.

I really want to love this gun, but I can't see past the pellet loading/unloading issue.

Maybe Mr Ritchie agrees with some of the above - if you know him ask him.... Say I sent you LOL.

McT

Mghi

Ok Thanks for the info you say the latest version has a magnet to lock down
    Do you know how recently this came into action

In the last two to three months.