Thread: First Impressions of a Hatsan Striker .25" calibre

First Impressions of a Hatsan Striker .25" calibre

Hello all,

I have always fancied a try of .25" and Hatsan have made just such a brand new toy an affordable option. (£95 with a synthetic stock and orange grip inserts at Protek Supplies Bognor - very good chaps to deal with btw).

I wanted to buy new as I already have too many project rifles that I do not have time to sort out. In fact I liberated a couple of project rifles and a working pistol I was not using to fund my purchase. So to first impressions...

For a cheapo I am really quite impressed with the solid feel of the manufacturing and the bluing is surprisingly nice. I has a nice heft to it without being too heavy. The barrel is thick and sturdy and the rifling looks good to my inexpert eye.

The open sights seem quite good so I will try those out some time soon but I slapped on a small scope to start. I like the plastic shroud/cocking aid/front sight unit as it provides a good grip and giving how tight the lock up is from new and the cocking effort required it is a godsend. I suspect it will loosen up once I get a chance to put a tin through it.

Crikey those big old pellets seem huge at first but I have got used to them now. They don't half whack into my backstop Having read reports of these guns coming out of the box over or under powered I though I had better check (carefully) with my combro. 10ft lbs with Diana Magnums and almost the same with BSA Pylarms. I expect this will creep up a bit as she loosens up and is plenty enough for me for now.

I haven't had much opportunity to put many pellets through it yet but have it roughly zeroed and look forward to some more fun with it. One thing is certain the trigger pull is long as other reviewers have noted but I won't rush to fit a Welsh Willy trigger until the warranty has expired. All in all I am very pleased so far and will add further thoughts when I have used her more.

ATB Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Nice review, I like both Hatsans and .25 myself. Will tunded my 2nd hand BSA Mercurey 635 which was awful to shoot before the tune: , after the tune and with the aid of a .25 pellet sizer from UK Neal it was totally transformed, not pellet fussey likes the .25 pest control from Bisley. The Hatsans are knocked by many who have never seen them in the flesh or even used them My Hatsan 60 in .22 and tunded by Will is one of the best cheaper springers I have got, accurate, powerful and a nice bit of walnut on her, I would recomend the upgrade Welsh Willi triguer unit has it transformed my Crossman Quest in n.22 along with a good tune up.

I've had this for around 3 years not a bad budget springer mines in the same cal and I use hftt and superfields seem to work very well but are on the heavy side.

I've had this for around 3 years not a