Thread: British Pistol champs

British Pistol champs

Hi
    Anyone got there squadding details for next weekend yet?

Put my entry in ages ago but no squadding yet- frustrating with a week to go, got to make child care arrangements!

Craig

Same as that! !

Hello Craig,

I entered ages ago too. Received an email for receipt of entry but nothing further. I'll be emailing Jen Summer on Monday to find out. I assume that I have been given my requested squads and have arranged childcare and accommodation based around that.
    Choosing desired squadding was hard enough with the Junior Champs at the same time ( I'm shooting 5 matches which also makes it a bit more challenging).

I suspect that it's been difficult for the NSRA due to the Junior Champs, and also because a few shooters are away at World Champs so need their squadding arranged for when they get back.

What are you shooting there? I'm shooting two Air Pistol matches, Standard Pistol, Sport Pistol and Rapid Fire Pistol.
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Hi Nick,
    Just doing the 2 air pistol matches.
    Got the same email about 10 days ago, but would have thought squadding sorted by a week before!

This is my first pistol comp, how much tome do you have to leave/give for going through equipment control?

Craig

Hi Craig,

Equipment control is voluntary under the 2013 version of the ISSF rules, so if you're pushed for time then you can sidestep it. However a sample of competitors will be randomly checked after shooting.
    I like to arrive with a couple of hours to spare, get through EC which normally takes 15 minutes or so and then have a chill out. Driving is stressful so you'll want to relax in between getting out of the car and shooting. If you've not checked your equipment before then leave a bit longer, and make sure you have your pistols manual, and tools to adjust things as may be necessary.
    Check the times that you shoot. Most matches give your start time as the first match shot, but you'll have 10 mins prep time, and then 15 mins sighting time before that, so you need to be on the range 30 minutes before hand.
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Anyone had their squadding yet? Cutting it a bit fine.

Squadding

Nothing to date.
    Maybe to-morrow.

I contacted them yesterday and they said they were going our First Class yesterday.

They did say that most people have their first choice of squadding (but it would have been nice to know sooner in case you're one of the few who didn't).

Cheers

Mark

Agreed, why an earth didn't they send out squadding via email?
    We could have all had our details last Friday, not to mention the cost saving as well!

Understand not everyone wants email contact bit surely those who do could receive?

Craig

Squadding

Got mine today.