Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List of scammers or alerts

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Unless someone has actually been convicted of an offence, or proven beyond doubt to be a scammer on numerous occasions, such as a well known family of scam artists, tempting as it may be, naming them on the BBS could be fraught with legal difficulties, so it's probably best to restrict naming scammers to private communications, as some of them are very litigious and you could end up loosing even more of your hard earned dosh.
    Its a simple case of wording things correctly, brandishing someone a scammer if he or she is not could be as you say do more harm than good, by using the correct words can do no harm for instance.

I bought a ----------- from --------- sent him/her £400 for an item that wasn't as described/did not arrive, the person in question is no longer communicating with me as such I am a little concerned about this whole transaction so I am getting legal advice on the matter. Has anyone had similar dealings with the said individual?
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Ok tecently I was scammed out of £400 on a deal on here yes me, so it could allso happen to you. I wont go in to any more details at this time has its in the hands of the Police. We have a list of praise for good deals, so do we need one for bad dealls. Now I know the scammer will undoubtably move on , change contact details etc but at least it would distrupt there activities. May I add that this is the first and only time I have encounterd any problems with the people here has all of my previous dealls have been totally without any problems. If I have spoken out of term then please dont hesitate to delate Mods.
    Your PM inbox has been full for the past 24 hours and so wont accept any more messages, might be a good idea to clear it in case the individual you refer to wants to make contact.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Your PM inbox has been full for the past 24 hours and so wont accept any more messages, might be a good idea to clear it in case the individual you refer to wants to make contact.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Oh the plot thickens.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    tried it, givern a month to respond by all available means, but no response at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggsmakaveli View Post
    Oh the plot thickens.
    yes bit like porradge but I will say no more has it in the hands of the boys and girls in blue, mods please lock this post for now.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    yes bit like porradge but I will say no more has it in the hands of the boys and girls in blue, mods please lock this post for now.
    What a pointless thread then and lets face it it makes no sense to lock this thread as it should be concluded by you as to the final conclusion.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

What a pointless thread then and lets face it it makes no sense to lock this thread as it should be concluded by you as to the final conclusion.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    well i used it to raise this issue of scammers, so i think it was of use, but respect to you and your oppinion.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Agreed the community need to know if there is a scammer amongst us. A good result would be a favourable one though.

ATB
    Ray

I am sorry you have lost your money & I hope it works out in you're favour. I really can not understand the attitude of the police in these matters. Transactions are very easy to prove nowadays.All the evidence is there . This is surely fraud something the police are supposedly determined to tackle. I agree with the other contributers that that some more details would be good .Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by matt 1966 View Post
    I am sorry you have lost your money & I hope it works out in you're favour. I really can not understand the attitude of the police in these matters. Transactions are very easy to prove nowadays.All the evidence is there . This is surely fraud something the police are supposedly determined to tackle. I agree with the other contributers that that some more details would be good .Good luck.
    I know who FM is on about now, and I must agree he was a difficult person to deal with. Hopefully the police can resolve this for you mate.

I know who FM is on about now, and I must agree he was a difficult person to deal with. Hopefully the police can resolve this for you mate.
    thank you sir

It can happen and the cost and time is nasty.
    I've had one problem from here, and it turned out the guy was just being useless/difficult. Fortunately had his name and address and telephone number. Eventually, told him there were forum members close by, Wales, and they would be knocking on his door. I'd also be ringing him every day before work too to find out if they had been because it could be any time. Finally, some cash arrived in the post.

Scammer or being useless... waiting for some cash and bought something he couldn't really afford.

There are legal ways to pursue this.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    It can happen and the cost and time is nasty.
    I've had one problem from here, and it turned out the guy was just being useless/difficult. Fortunately had his name and address and telephone number. Eventually, told him there were forum members close by, Wales, and they would be knocking on his door. I'd also be ringing him every day before work too to find out if they had been because it could be any time. Finally, some cash arrived in the post.

Scammer or being useless... waiting for some cash and bought something he couldn't really afford.

There are legal ways to pursue this.
    thanks Muskett , its in the hands of the boys and girls in blue now, he had plenty of chances to put it right, he didnt, now hopefully hell geyt his ans I will get m y cash back, we can but hope.

Its a simple case of wording things correctly, brandishing someone a scammer if he or she is not could be as you say do more harm than good, by using the correct words can do no harm for instance.

I bought a ----------- from --------- sent him/her £400 for an item that wasn't as described/did not arrive, the person in question is no longer communicating with me as such I am a little concerned about this whole transaction so I am getting legal advice on the matter. Has anyone had similar dealings with the said individual?
    Yup, that's the way to do it. Relate demonstrable facts rather than say "So and so is a rip off artist, con man and sheep botherer" because not only is the poster opening themselves up to legal action, but so so in the Forum owner.
    AA TX200, HFT 500, AS400 .22
    Daystate Grand Prix & Mk3
    Parker-Hale/PAX Phoenix Mk2: .22 & .177