Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The guns you allways wanted but never got

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Look at this beauty -

very nice,

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    Hi fatttmannn I know its a bit off subject here but are you fatter than Fattmann just that your name is bigger thought that you maybe bigger to ATB Mike
    same person sir, comp problems and had to re- register, once a very thin bloke , fit, used to run marathans, and fell running, more or less lived in the gym. Then missis passed away from cancer, had to look after our baby son and work, soon put on the weight has unable to keep up fitness regime, then seriuous accident in 2007. Now bolts and plates hold my arm/ hand together and nerve damage to hand meens had to give up lots of things like mountain bikeing, climbing, fitness etc.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Springers ....

I think I have bought and sold nearly or perhaps ALL the 'serious' air-rifles I have been infatuated with and in the end .. the Weihrauch HW77 is the best thing out there. You can get it tuned or re-engineered to improve it but it is the best of them for all-round function and character. I guess that is why it is still so popular. All of the other ones, lovely as they may be in so many ways, have their faults and foibles, including the fault of being too perfect and therefore boring. The 77 is the BOSS of the 12 fpe springers.

I'm more interested in the smaller rifles now as there is quite a variety of 6-9 fpe light springers out there, all with their own virtues and vices...

But in reply to the original question, if the following came up for the right price (i.e. cheap) I would like to give them a whirl...

BSA Superstar - the best fixed barrel BSA springer?
    Original Diana 27 - a sweet shooting break-barrel with the triple ball-bearing trigger
    Milbro Diana 80 - why not? we were so rude about them as teenagers, would be nice to actually try one!
    BSA Cadet Major - never owned one ...
    Webley Falcon - no idea what to expect from one of these ...
    BSF S54 underlever...

Actually there are lots of rifles still to try!
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 25-11-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think I have bought and sold nearly or perhaps ALL the 'serious' air-rifles I have been infatuated with and in the end .. the Weihrauch HW77 is the best thing out there. You can get it tuned or re-engineered to improve it but it is the best of them for all-round function and character. I guess that is why it is still so popular. All of the other ones, lovely as they may be in so many ways, have their faults and foibles, including the fault of being too perfect and therefore boring. The 77 is the BOSS of the 12 fpe springers.

I'm more interested in the smaller rifles now as there is quite a variety of 6-9 fpe light springers out there, all with their own virtues and vices...

But in reply to the original question, if the following came up for the right price (i.e. cheap) I would like to give them a whirl...

BSA Superstar - the best fixed barrel BSA springer?
    Original Diana 27 - a sweet shooting break-barrel with the triple ball-bearing trigger
    Milbro Diana 80 - why not? we were so rude about them as teenagers, would be nice to actually try one!
    BSA Cadet Major - never owned one ...
    Webley Falcon - no idea what to expect from one of these ...
    BSF S54 underlever...

Actually there are lots of rifles still to try!
    falcon is actually a Diana- German design, bsf54, is a superb gun(one in .22, Diana g80 series 1 in .177 more consistent than some pcps out there- yes- really all very good choices, I have all of them, and payed fair prices, the g80 was £25! has no one wanted it! thanks for your inputt

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Look at this beauty -

Now that's really nice! I have an FWB 300S, but that looks in another league.