Thread: B.O.A.C charity shoot 14/09/2014

B.O.A.C charity shoot 14/09/2014

Blackburn Outdoor Airgun Club held their annual Charity shoot today.

Charity Fun Shoot 14th of September 2014
    ---------------------------------------------------
    This years Charity Fun Shoot was held in aid of the North West Air Ambulance.
    Many thanks to everyone who attended or contributed in any way to make the fun shoot a great success.
    The HFT style event was shot by a record number of members , with the result not being decided until the very last couple of shooters.
    The Duck shoot once again provided entertainment for all.
    The star event however had to be the " Open Sighted Springer " event , with participants using a .25 calibre smooth bore rifle. They just don't make them like that anymore .
    The result finally came after two shoot offs. Not even the cunning and devious Events Co-Ordinator could do enough to win this one !
    Special thanks to Booths for their kind generosity in providing the food for the Barbeque.
    In total £250 was raised on the day , a great sum towards a worthy cause
    Many thanks to everyone.
    Last edited by Alakar; 14-09-2014 at 07:32 PM.

A great day was had by all with the money going to a worthy cause.
    The springer we used for the 'open sighted' shoot was 105 years old, beautiful looking gun, surprised at what a smooth action it was! shooting at a target at 30 yards. It felt a privilege shooting a gun of such an age.
    Thanks to all concerned for all the hard work that was involved in organising an event like this.
    John
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    If anyone is interested in casual shooting in a fairly non competitive environment, then this a great place to start, and the whole family is welcome. The events are easy, and more down to luck than skill - come on - 105 year old gun with steel sights at 30 yards - you have got to have lady luck on your side

I'd like to thank the organisers for putting the day on, and well done to raising the money for the Air Ambulance, it's a great cause and both myself and my wife enjoyed the day. A lot of people work hard in the background for these events, so thanks to everyone involved.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post

I'd like to thank the organisers for putting the day on, and well done to raising the money for the Air Ambulance, it's a great cause and both myself and my wife enjoyed the day. A lot of people work hard in the background for these events, so thanks to everyone involved.

James
    Glad that you enjoyed it James.
    As you say we are a fairly non competitive club with competitions generally arranged so that anyone can win. The main emphasis for us is fun. As long as people go away happy having enjoyed the day , then that makes it all worthwhile.
    Luckily we have a good team behind the scenes that are willing to put in a lot of effort in their own time to make these events a success . Without them I would struggle.
    The Air Ambulance is a worthy cause and we are happy to support them.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    And you got a barm with 6 sausages on it, no chance of shooting straight after that , i`m sure that was planned Thanks Alan and Co, twas a good day. Gordon.

Red face

6 !!! I only got 3 on mine.
    Still it was with a great big burger.
    You sussed out the plan Gordon.
    You can't shoot with greasy fingers.