Thread: new boy

Question new boy

Hello all,

I am a complete novice with PCPs. Just acquired an older Theoben Rapid 12. I need a new Buddy bottle and am already puzzled by difference between Rapid 12 and and Rapid 7. Is the bottle the same size thread on both? Molycote 33 and Morris Grease K62MS seem to have vanished so could anyone please tell me what they use instead..Would really appreciate some advice.
    Redsnapper

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Yu can ge molycote grease off the evevil bay

As for the Theoben question The 7/12 referred to the magazine (second number) as they were offered with either 7 or 12 shot mags, the 7/12 being the later ones - basically same rifles with different markings on them, the gun is based on the original Rapid 7 block with a few changes Valve, bottle and charging port being the main difference, the Mark ones are better as they are built better and regulated.

The thing with a Theoben they are good work horses and extremely good at FAC levels.

ATB
    Ray
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

New Boy

Thanks, Riggsmakaveli. So as I have just ordered a "THEOBEN RAPID SEVEN 400cc BUDDY BOTTLE" I've messed up, right? The bottle on the gun is dated 2002 so I need to find a replacement but it's not easy, is it?

As for the Theoben question The 7/12 referred to the magazine (second number) as they were offered with either 7 or 12 shot mags, the 7/12 being the later ones - basically same rifles with different markings on them, the gun is based on the original Rapid 7 block with a few changes Valve, bottle and charging port being the main difference, the Mark ones are better as they are built better and regulated.

The thing with a Theoben they are good work horses and extremely good at FAC levels.

ATB
    Ray[/QUOTE]

New Boy

Thank you very much, Andy. I know quite a lot about other arms but not PCPs. I look forward to learning more about them.

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .[/QUOTE]