Thread: Powder recommendations for 357 Mag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My marlin only likes TC bullits, the semi-wadcutters dont feed that well.
    At the moment I use 3.5grns of GM3, but I do have 4 kilos of it. i score an average 94/100 on 20 mtr range.
    CZ455 American .22LR, Marlin 1894 .357 and 1935 8mm Mauser K98k S42/G (RC), Remy .308 AICS, RPR 6.5 creedmoor, no4 1* LB 1943, NRA RCO

3.9gns Trail Boss for 25 metres, gives me a sweet little group with little or no recoil.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson
    N.S.R.A. RCO, Club Instructor, Club Coach.

180gn TC bullet.

9.8gn Vectan SP3.

CCI primers (ordinary or magnum)

1.572oal.

For accuracy I sort the bullets by weight and size them (even though using commercially produced lead bullets that have already been sized.)

To speed things up, I sometimes skip the weighing part.

More accurate than any other load I've tried or seen. Works well out of my Marlin and out of S&W revolvers.

The downside is that it is quite a heavy load for target shooting. It is also quite expensive in terms of the amount of powder used.

However, if you are looking for the ultimate in accuracy and willing to accept the cost and recoil, this is the load.

We all use more or less the same at our club, approx 4gr of Vit N320 and 140gr TC lead bullet, basically cos that's what the club buys in.