Thread: mark 2 webley service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

mark 2 webley service

I allways wanted one of these, since using one in .25 on rats has a kid round my late uncles stables. Whats a realistic price for a good useable one I dont have the cash at moment but fancy one for my 50th in March next year

I would say £350 would get you a rough .22 third series and upto £800 for a 1st series, in my humble opinion

thanks but why such a high difference in price

Sold this one for only £360 because guys said it had been re-finished. Depends on condition, calibre, and how many barrels you get with them.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

There's one on gunstar at moment for £510. I sold a nice one a few months back for £400.

Price is very much dependant on scarcity and condition. As Binners points out, a rough example may be found for around the £350 mark but as quality increases, so does the price. Original .25 barrels are very scarce and fetch a premium. There were examples of all series' of Services on a well known Cheshire based militaria dealer's website recently but prices are somewhat high compared to other avenues such as here or perhaps an arms fair. The 1st and 2nd series rifles also fetch a premium as only 1000 of each were produced.

Good luck with your search - the Webley Service is a true classic and well worth adding to a collection in my view.

John