Thread: Air Force One Trophy Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think it may have been this pistol that I had a slight snag with on first use. The bulb (not recall which brand) did not piece fully, resulting in a weaker shot than normal, but also lots more shots than normal. This can occur on any model if the bulb is only partially pierced (confirmed visually). Subsequent use, made sure it was screwed down well, no problem thereafter.

I have been using Crosman CO2 in mine from Day 1 of owning it. No problems at all. ASG CO2 also works fine. Make sure you tighten the end cap up well- you may be underdoing it. Either that or some problem with the pistol itself.

Thanks for the replies.

I think it could be a case of me not tightening it enough. I found this particularly hard work by hand, I couldn't get the capsule to pierce using hand force alone and had to very carefully lever through the hole in the end cap. Hence my suspicion of the capsules I have. I tried two different ones and it was the same with both. Once pierced I then got the slow leak.

I have stripped the pistol including the valve assembly. There was a small amount of chewing gum consistency brown crud in the neck of the valve housing where the valve should seat. I have cleaned this out plus the rest of the components and relubed where appropriate. I'm going to pick up a few different brand capsules tomorrow on my lunch break and have another test when I get home....

Thanks again for the comments.

Andy

No problems with mine using any capsules including Crosman .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Thanks to everyone who replied. Everything is Ok now, I think I definitely have a rogue batch of capsules as the Crosman's require a lot more grunt to pierce than the umarex one I tried.

Capsules were a red herring though, turns out the leak was from the valve. The brown sticky crap I cleaned out was stopping the valve seating correctly, it's been fine since.

CP1 M mod.

I'm eagerly waiting for my CP1 from Poland. Has any one fitted the Tinbum shroud with iron sight to their CP1 yet? I really like the look of it and hope to get one.