Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
Why on earth would want to bother? by the time you've done that, it'd be cheaper to buy a new Tau and it'll still be better than what you end up with

I know what you are saying Harvey - However, if, like me, you enjoy tinkering with all things mechanical, this isn't a bad project.

You should view this pistol the same as the QB78/79 CO2 rifles, these basic little rifles can be picked up for less that £100. They have a terrific following and form the basis of many capable customised projects. They are reasonable accurate and can easily achieve full power with not much work.

If you can pick up one of these pistols for around £70 and are prepared to do the work yourself you could produce a reasonable plinking pistol that could be used for garden plinking and low level informal competition.

I totally agree that you couldn't compare it to any sort of proper target pistol, but then even a shabby old "target" pistol will probably set you back a couple of hundred unless you're lucky. Saying that, I've recently picked up a couple of nice Walther CP-2 match pistols for less than £200 each and they both shoot very well indeed.

So- If you want a pistol to tinker with and you enjoy doing it and if you can buy direct at the right price - go for it.

If you buy one at full UK price and expect to perform like target pistol you will be disappointed.