Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Force One Trophy Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Airgun centre have just got them in and there doing a package which is the pistol, hard case, 10 x Co2 and lifetime warranty for £199

Also they said they can sell pistol alone for £159

As always we are Rip Of Britain as they are only £45 in Poland and £66 delivered from there + £25 bank transfer fees

Thoughts please guys
    I am waiting to see if the German gun site -degun does them if so they will be legal for uk and cheaper then uk prices ,postage from them is £17 for total order .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    I'll refer you to my earlier post if I can - http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....40#post6472340

160 mps equates to 4.8ish ftlbs.

I would suggest that to get anything like 17J out of that length of barrel in .177 with co2 is going to involve changing the laws of physics.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    ... to get anything like 17J out of that length of barrel in .177 with co2 is going to involve changing the laws of physics.
    and ye canna do that Capt'n

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    I'll refer you to my earlier post if I can - http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....40#post6472340

160 mps equates to 4.8ish ftlbs.

I would suggest that to get anything like 17J out of that length of barrel in .177 with co2 is going to involve changing the laws of physics.
    I'm not saying it's 17j, it's likely the polish site has made a cockup with that figure and was meant to be 7j possibly? Even still, 160m/s is a lot for .22 in a pistol format, hopefully that figure is based on using very light pellets

Edit: apologies, your 160m/s was referring to .177
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    and ye canna do that Capt'n
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Z12UGiisM#t=20

Except of course he always somehow wangles it

Beware of buying from Eastern Europe a load of guys on the custom crosman site did a group purchase, and that was the last of their money they saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    I dont really see the point of this pistol at £159 a 2240 is about £70 add a steel breach and some nice grips and you still come in under £159 quid The 2240 is made in america with loads of bits already available and spares are easy to get hold of too. Why bother?
    Why bother....?
    Because this pistol is far better quality than than the Crosmans by a country mile, that's why. No plastic, no creaks, no slop. Excellent finish and engineering . You would never guess it is made in China .well worth the asking price imho.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Why bother....?
    Because this pistol is far better quality than than the Crosmans by a country mile, that's why. No plastic, no creaks, no slop. Excellent finish and engineering . You would never guess it is made in China .well worth the asking price imho.

Pete.
    + 1 for that I have a few crosmans and as much as I like the older vintage models there is no comparison even though the 2200 models can be modified widely .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by bobster View Post
    Beware of buying from Eastern Europe a load of guys on the custom crosman site did a group purchase, and that was the last of their money they saw.
    That's a cautionary tale for certain, it's always going to be one of those "is it worth a punt" gambles, but with these prices all that is needed is for to people that have risked it to share their individual experience and we could all benefit - after all you would think a shop would love the opportunity of getting a big chunk of business thrown their way.

Look to be fairly accurate too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owu7uO9yqqk

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Look to be fairly accurate too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owu7uO9yqqk
    Yes, triead a .22 model earlier, and have reserved it. Very well made and very accurate, pick it up next week know,

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Yes, triead a .22 model earlier, and have reserved it. Very well made and very accurate, pick it up next week know,
    Who is doing them local to us and do you have to order ?

pm sent

Picked my .22 mode;l up on Thursday last. Quality is exceptional, it dose put the offerings from Crossman to shame and I own a lot of the 22 series The accuracey is excellent and the only crticism I can level is maybe some stipling on the grip would be nice, just my observation. Well worth the price.

I tried one in my local shop and the trigger guard is too small for me and has sharp edges which cut into my fingers. The trigger has a long creepy release. apart from that it looked really good.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at