Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Force One Trophy Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by khamsin View Post
    Fitted scope and silencer adapter

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Cz...p=docslist_api

Boy is it now long!!!!!!!!!! But it is quiet

Anyone know of a small 1/2" unf silencer.

Cheers Dean
    My review of some silencers for CP-1

http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreefo...bout44784.html

Adrian

Well, PorkyYorky's silencer is fitted, i must say, it's made my hold steadier, and it's now silenced with open sights

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psnxmw4xir.jpg
    Ex-Airgunner

How much would you say as a percentage this silencer quietens the pistol down.

Dave

The silencer has a little pop from the muzzle if dry-firing, but firing a pellet it's noticeably quieter than without one. Definitely back yard friendly

Weight-wise, it gives it a little front weight, but it's made my hold a lot steadier, it's not wobbling as much in my hand compared to the original barrel weight/open sight. Will be trying it out at the Club on Sunday so i'll let you know how i get on.
    Ex-Airgunner

Mine in Warsaw yesterday , that's all tracking says today I thought there would be updated tracking info . ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Do you guys not find that silencers and red dots/scopes all unbalance the gun???

Been there and tried 'em all myself - but always removed them in the end after prefering the balance of un uncluttered lightweight gun.
    Can't help thinking that if you need these then maybe converting the pistol into an ultra-carbine is the way to go...

I went down this route with my 1377 and it made a cracking little garden gun...

Rang P.F. and turns out it was held up in customs , anyone else had this happen ?

I am not sure if it is just my hearing but this one seems the quietest to me https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByO...QU0/view?pli=1 out of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Do you guys not find that silencers and red dots/scopes all unbalance the gun???

Been there and tried 'em all myself - but always removed them in the end after prefering the balance of un uncluttered lightweight gun.
    Can't help thinking that if you need these then maybe converting the pistol into an ultra-carbine is the way to go...

I went down this route with my 1377 and it made a cracking little garden gun...
    Agree, but the iron sight on it was terrible compared with all my other pistol. Front blade seems too thick for the rear sight. I'm only using iron sight on my Beeman P17 with tru-glow sight at the moment.

Davethepitch - that's the Hogan Decimeater. It makes the gun very front heavy. What you can hear is mainly the piston hitting the CO2 valve pin.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Twodoctors View Post
    Davethepitch - that's the Hogan Decimeater. It makes the gun very front heavy. What you can hear is mainly the piston hitting the CO2 valve pin.

Adrian
    Hello Adrian

That quietness is pretty impressive but shame about the weight though.

Dave
    Last edited by davethepitch; 20-03-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    Helli Adrian

That quietness is pretty impressive but shame about the weight though.

Dave
    It's fine shooting rested, but no good for off-hand shooting. The stumpy one is quite good. Not sure about the other commercial offering in shorter form (eg Deben Whisper 130).

Adrian

got to love daves work.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Adrian
    Can this silencer be quickly installed and removed.

Dave

Yes, but you'll need a 10mm to 1/2" UNF Adapter. It's a matter of screwing it on and off after. Beware that the aim point will differ with each moderator, and need re-zeroing after swapping around.

Adrian

Yes, but you'll need a 10mm to 1/2" UNF Adapter. It's a matter of screwing it on and off after. Beware that the aim point will differ with each moderator, and need re-zeroing after swapping around.

Adrian
    Is aim point a term used with the metal sights.