Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Air Force One Trophy Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Thanks now to start modding
    It will be fine! There is a thread on here which gives the item number of the weaker spring. PM me if you can not find it (I bought one so have the number somewhere).

Thanks I found it but what length do you need, would like to get the replacement one before taking the pistol apart.

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Thanks I found it but what length do you need, would like to get the replacement one before taking the pistol apart.

Bill
    Page 16, post #227 of this thread refers:

Spare hammer spring, bay item 231352543722, 0.9 mm x 70 mm.

I ordered the one in stainless.

Unlike the stock spring, the above replacement has pointed/bare ends. I flattened the ends down carefully (using pliers) to prevent the ends gouging into the hammer and end cap. There are probably better ways of doing it.

Thanks off to order one now

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Quick question on these pistols please.

Has anyone had any issues with the CO2 cartridges they use. I've only just got my CP1 and at the moment I only have Crosman cartridges available and they don't seem to work in this pistol. I think the end cap is too hard so when it initially pierces I don't think it's tightening down on to the seal well enough and I'm just getting hissing from CO2 leaking into the action. It's either that or the valve itself is leaking...

Be interested to know people's thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Andy

I think it may have been this pistol that I had a slight snag with on first use. The bulb (not recall which brand) did not piece fully, resulting in a weaker shot than normal, but also lots more shots than normal. This can occur on any model if the bulb is only partially pierced (confirmed visually). Subsequent use, made sure it was screwed down well, no problem thereafter.

I have been using Crosman CO2 in mine from Day 1 of owning it. No problems at all. ASG CO2 also works fine. Make sure you tighten the end cap up well- you may be underdoing it. Either that or some problem with the pistol itself.

Thanks for the replies.

I think it could be a case of me not tightening it enough. I found this particularly hard work by hand, I couldn't get the capsule to pierce using hand force alone and had to very carefully lever through the hole in the end cap. Hence my suspicion of the capsules I have. I tried two different ones and it was the same with both. Once pierced I then got the slow leak.

I have stripped the pistol including the valve assembly. There was a small amount of chewing gum consistency brown crud in the neck of the valve housing where the valve should seat. I have cleaned this out plus the rest of the components and relubed where appropriate. I'm going to pick up a few different brand capsules tomorrow on my lunch break and have another test when I get home....

Thanks again for the comments.

Andy

No problems with mine using any capsules including Crosman .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Thanks to everyone who replied. Everything is Ok now, I think I definitely have a rogue batch of capsules as the Crosman's require a lot more grunt to pierce than the umarex one I tried.

Capsules were a red herring though, turns out the leak was from the valve. The brown sticky crap I cleaned out was stopping the valve seating correctly, it's been fine since.

CP1 M mod.

I'm eagerly waiting for my CP1 from Poland. Has any one fitted the Tinbum shroud with iron sight to their CP1 yet? I really like the look of it and hope to get one.

Air force one co2 seal

Anyone know where I can get one of these
    Please

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Spied this in Octobers Airgun Shooter, looks and interesting and cheapish bit of kit.

http://www.the-shooting-party.co.uk/...-5mm-72-detail
    Beware they won't sell you spares they want you to send the pistol to them for repair. ...All I wanted was a replacement co2 seal.
    Also much cheaper from poland