Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Force One Trophy Pistol

I have one and I'm really quite impressed (if you can get one at the right price) The pistol is well finished, good bluing and good wood to metal fit.
    The action is well machined from aluminium and matt blacked and the bolt works and seals well.
    The rear sight is mostly made from high density plastic, it fits on the 11mm sight rail and is adjustable for elevation and windage (no clicks)
    The trigger is single stage, just one long continuous gritty creep.
    The grips a very basic ambidextrous , made of Beech wood.

Out of the box it won't win any competitions, however I think it has a lot of potential. A good polish up of all the moving bits will go a long way and some work on the grip to add a palm shelf and thumb rest will also help.

I've had no problem keeping all 10 shots in the black on the 10m airpistol target (single hand/no rest) The sight line is quite high for a modern target pistol but more of a personal preference thing.

So- A total redesign of the trigger unit to make a true two stage trigger adjusted to 500grams.
    New fitted grips and low level sights, barrel re-crown, slightly reduce power and you should have an entry level target pistol that really could be competitive.

I like it.

Very interesting indeed, I'm not normally into target pistols for a few reasons, firstly because i dont normally like the look of them and their massive tree trunk grips and because of price and secondly i find my glossy black Beretta 92fs can compete with them up to 20ft anyway..

But theres something about the air force one trophy target pistol i like, i like the plain thinner style grip and the price tag seems fair.. I might have to look into getting one next year..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Multi Shot

Last edited by treebeard; 10-02-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by treebeard View Post
    im still waiting to get my hands on a single shot version of it
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Air Force One Trophy Pistol

http://www.silesia-factory.pl/sklep/...kandar-45.html this is the website i ordered from,takes around a week to arrive.they accept paypal too

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    im still waiting to get my hands on a single shot version of it
    Me too. I was told by my dealer that the next shipment was due in mid January, but we are still waiting. I suspect that after the first shipment received good reviews that dealers doubled their next order, so maybe the manufacturer could not cope with the demand.....???
    Pete.

some more from the same manufacture.
    http://www.china-airrifle.com/produc...6c61db6ce.html

update

I have just been told from my source in the trade that the next shipment is due into the UK on the 17th of this month. So allow another week or two for customs clearance and delivery to dealers. End of the month or first week in March guys.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    I have just been told from my source in the trade that the next shipment is due into the UK on the 17th of this month. So allow another week or two for customs clearance and delivery to dealers. End of the month or first week in March guys.
    Pete.
    I checked with Sportsman back in November 2014 in case I had to order one in and they told me they were expecting them in March 2015 so I messaged William rfd in Swansea and he was expecting his in end of January but so far not heard from either of them , I didn't order direct from Poland as was dubious about customs and power outputs .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by wil95k View Post
    http://www.silesia-factory.pl/sklep/...kandar-45.html this is the website i ordered from,takes around a week to arrive.they accept paypal too
    Cant get a translation on this site , how much are they with postage and was there any problems , what calibre did you get ?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post

So- A total redesign of the trigger unit to make a true two stage trigger adjusted to 500grams.
    New fitted grips and low level sights, barrel re-crown, slightly reduce power and you should have an entry level target pistol that really could be competitive.
    Why on earth would want to bother? by the time you've done that, it'd be cheaper to buy a new Tau and it'll still be better than what you end up with

I don't think he means it Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    On here, you never know....

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Why on earth would want to bother? by the time you've done that, it'd be cheaper to buy a new Tau and it'll still be better than what you end up with

I know what you are saying Harvey - However, if, like me, you enjoy tinkering with all things mechanical, this isn't a bad project.

You should view this pistol the same as the QB78/79 CO2 rifles, these basic little rifles can be picked up for less that £100. They have a terrific following and form the basis of many capable customised projects. They are reasonable accurate and can easily achieve full power with not much work.

If you can pick up one of these pistols for around £70 and are prepared to do the work yourself you could produce a reasonable plinking pistol that could be used for garden plinking and low level informal competition.

I totally agree that you couldn't compare it to any sort of proper target pistol, but then even a shabby old "target" pistol will probably set you back a couple of hundred unless you're lucky. Saying that, I've recently picked up a couple of nice Walther CP-2 match pistols for less than £200 each and they both shoot very well indeed.

So- If you want a pistol to tinker with and you enjoy doing it and if you can buy direct at the right price - go for it.

If you buy one at full UK price and expect to perform like target pistol you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I think he does....