Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mark 2 webley service

mark 2 webley service

I allways wanted one of these, since using one in .25 on rats has a kid round my late uncles stables. Whats a realistic price for a good useable one I dont have the cash at moment but fancy one for my 50th in March next year

I would say £350 would get you a rough .22 third series and upto £800 for a 1st series, in my humble opinion

thanks but why such a high difference in price

Sold this one for only £360 because guys said it had been re-finished. Depends on condition, calibre, and how many barrels you get with them.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

There's one on gunstar at moment for £510. I sold a nice one a few months back for £400.

Price is very much dependant on scarcity and condition. As Binners points out, a rough example may be found for around the £350 mark but as quality increases, so does the price. Original .25 barrels are very scarce and fetch a premium. There were examples of all series' of Services on a well known Cheshire based militaria dealer's website recently but prices are somewhat high compared to other avenues such as here or perhaps an arms fair. The 1st and 2nd series rifles also fetch a premium as only 1000 of each were produced.

Good luck with your search - the Webley Service is a true classic and well worth adding to a collection in my view.

John

So I could still buy replacement barrels and say have the 3 cals that sounds good, what about power wouldnt think they would be over 8ftl/lbs

There is a guy on here who has 2-3 and one thats boxed as new condition, the other has the 3 barrels and still in its leather case.
    Knibbsys sell barrels but they're not genuine.
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    There is a guy on here who has 2-3 and one thats boxed as new condition, the other has the 3 barrels and still in its leather case.
    Knibbsys sell barrels but they're not genuine.
    Fozzy
    bet that would be expensive, impresive though

He said to me the boxed one would be 3 figures, but it is new condition which considering they were built in 1939 Is great.
    fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    He said to me the boxed one would be 3 figures, but it is new condition which considering they were built in 1939 Is great.
    fozzy
    yes from a time when British engineering was world renownded

Here's a few photographs of some 'Service' air rifles in box and case, along with a few specials such as 'S8' in sub album 1, possibly the earliest original example of the series, and a PCP Service converted by John Walker of Hull:

http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble...ice_Air_Rifle/

I was going to take one to Melbourne Marksmen's last do but thought it was maybe a little bit too dear at £450. The two I saw for sale there were both in the region of £650!

Go figure, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Here's a few photographs of some 'Service' air rifles in box and case, along with a few specials such as 'S8' in sub album 1, possibly the earliest original example of the series, and a PCP Service converted by John Walker of Hull:

http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble...ice_Air_Rifle/
    thank you.

What about the values were the barrels are replacements and how would you tell replacements would they be longer or shorter than the originals would the serial numbers not match